amending meta descriptions

andyramage

Hi everyone.  I have a query on SEO.

I´m using PS 1.6.1.0 and have been going crazy trying to amend my meta descriptions.  I have discovered that I have a lot of duplicate meta descriptions and I want to edit them to improve the SEO.  My first move was to go to Product/SEO optimizacion and try to amend it there but no luck.  The program refuses to save the changes I make!  After a lot of investigation my webmaster confirms that the meta description is lifted from the product description and it has proved to be so.  So far so good.  I´ve been able to amend the text.

However meta descriptions have optimum lengths with a maximum of 158 characters.  That may be fine for a meta description but it´s too short for a full product description.  The issue I have is that PS takes the whole product description and dumps it into the metadescription which the exceeds the max number of characters!

Would it not be simpler to allow editing in the SEO optimizacion page?  Is this a bug on my version of Prestashop?

I would welcome some feedback.

Many thanks

Andy

Hello, prestashop takes the meta description of the products if there is no data in the SEO fields, in the event that the seo field has another meta-title and another meta description are the ones that Google indexes, keep in mind that this It is not immediate, it usually takes a while to do it.

You can speed it up by telling google to index the page again, sending it the pages that you have been modifying.

A greeting.

The version you have has a bug, which does what you say, when you are creating products and updating it pretends to save but does not save the new information, you have to do it several times, until it saves it, you can update to the most recent version of 1.6 and that bug is corrected.