Strage increase of ID product features

radu_cmr

Hi,

I'm writing here, maybe someone could give some informations about ID of the products features.

I'm working on my website for a while and now I have around 40 products already loaded. The problem is I got and error after I have duplicate one of the producs and tried to acces the duplicated product for modifications, something like" This page couldn't be loaded". I have deteled the new product and tried again... 3 times and the same error was displayed.

I have opened the old product to check which could be the cause and I saw that were around 100-200 product features there, empty fields, extra then those set by me (around 15). Because was difficult to delete them manualy one by one, I have deleted the product and created again. Everything seems to be ok, but when I added a new standard feature in a already existing list I got a very high ID, once something around 16.000 and after few days something around 18.000, which for me seems to be to much... having only 40 products and the max no. of the features for a product is probably 20. Betweend these 2 new features I have added around 3-4 new products in the database... so increasing the ID with 2.000 is strage...

Could you tell me if this is normal, which is the max ID no that could be allowed.. I don't want to have a surprise to no be able to ad new features to products?

Could it be something broken to the increasing system after I got that problem (error) with that product?

Thanks

Radu

features.jpg

Edited by radu_cmr
Add a printscreen (see edit history)

First check your modules: what non-standard modules do you have. There are some modules - for example some for selling continuous products (per meter or gram) - that have solutions that create a new combination for each visitor.

If that doesn't provide results you should observe: which actions create combinations? Just look how many are present after each thing you do.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I made more test, I even deactivate the module that could have something in common with this problem - a module which create a form for price request.  The rest of the modules are the standard modules of the theme and the one for Cookie consent.

For each product I mentioned between 10 to 25 features, but the majority where specified as a custom values directly on the product page, without define it before on Features list and to choose it form the drop down list. 

After many test I observed each time I made a change of one of the features from a product, when I save the index is increasing with the number of the total number of features from that product, actually all of them are saved again with a separate index. So if I click Save 3 times and I have 15 features specified the index is increasing with 45.

Is this a normal behavior?

I mention if I define values before on Features list (where the index will increase with 1 for every new feature - even if I modified it after 1, 2 ore many times) and I choose them on the product page from drop down list the index is no increasing.

Edited by radu_cmr
typing error (see edit history)

Hey there guys My name is Shoaib Yousaf and i need help in development of our site.Since I am Using Prestashop i cant find any Coustmors on it or any traffic.There are just Fake Views I can see But nothing Else.If anyone there who can guide me with this problem please reply to this Content and If any Modrator see this please kindly help me by my mail ([email protected]).We are Using Prestashop from One Year and couldn"t find any result in it.Please kindly help us.

Thanks