[Module] Amazon S3 Virtual Product (PS 1.7/1.6)

Webkul Modules

Amazon S3 Virtual Product

Amazon S3 (Simple Storage Service) is a cloud storage service provided by Amazon Web Services designed for online backup of data. With Prestashop Amazon S3 Virtual Product, a store owner can upload the virtual product files on Amazon S3 server. This module allows you to store the virtual product files on S3 server and retrieve them at any time.

Module link- https://addons.prestashop.com/en/virtual-products/45393-amazon-s3-virtual-product.html

Module Features-

• Provides a scalable, high speed cloud storage service where virtual product files from Prestashop can be stored.
  • Upload virtual product files of Prestashop on Amazon S3 server.
  • Download the stored virtual product files from Amazon server.
  • Store high volumes of data on S3 server thus reducing the load on Prestashop website.
  • Strong authentication ensures data security.

amazon-s3-virtual-product.thumb.jpg.fc83baf4296a908f346c43cb3c905819.jpg

Re-upload / Re-Download Option

WHEN MODULE IS NOT ENABLED

There may be a case when admin has uploaded the virtual product files but not yet enabled. This means the virtual product files of Prestashop is still on Prestashop.

In this situation, if admin adds/updates any new data then admin will have an option to re-upload the data so that the newly uploaded content is sent on Amazon End.

WHEN MODULE HAS ALREADY BEEN ENABLED

There may be a case when admin has enabled the module. This means the virtual product files of Prestashop sent on Amazon and no more exists on Prestashop end.

Now if admin needs the virtual product files on Prestashop end then admin has to download the virtual product files. Now if admin adds/updates any new virtual product files, then this will be sent on Amazon end but it does not exist on Prestashop end. Here admin will have an option to re-download the data so that the newly added virtual product files comes at Prestashop end also. That’s all for Prestashop Amazon S3 Virtual Product module.

Module link-https://addons.prestashop.com/en/virtual-products/45393-amazon-s3-virtual-product.html#overview

Amit Kushwaha

Webkul/

Edited by Amit Kushwaha (see edit history)

• 1 year later...

Do not cooperate with this company!
1) Poor application functionality
2) Slow support
3) Non-professional support
4) Refund fraud

More details:
The module was purchased from them. Conflicted with another module during installation. Their support has fixed it. Started execution. After 10 hours of execution, nothing has been done. Their support named the reason for the huge data size (in my opinion, 90 GB cannot be called a huge size today). Downloaded data manually. Their support set the status to "loaded" and activated the module manually.

AND...

Site performance dropped from 98 to 23 (their support says this is a problem with another module, with which - without their module - performance was 98!
Of course I told them to uninstall their module. But they only deactivated it. I uninstalled it and the site was completely broken (download links stopped working, some sections of the site could not be opened, attachments could not be downloaded) because they changed the core files !!! Although they have a Prestashop Gold status on their website!

As a result, the module cannot be used due to its poor functionality. Money is not returned. Wasted a week of my time and my clients' time!