I need to save product images in different server only

hassan1985

Hi there,

I need a large storage, not problem with slow speed.

I have been searching around and not found anything helpful for this issue. I have a 3G Bit of storage on my shared hosting plan but I have to store more than 50G of product images. So, what I want is to upload images in BO and they stored directly to different server. I mean BO and FO have to deal with <different-website.com/img/p/> rather then storing in <my-website.com/img/p> I did the following but did not solve my issue:

1. I created cloudfront CDN and linked my PS media server to cache the images. The images are still stored in <my-website.com/img/p> and filling my limited storage.

2. i created a subdomain on my Cpanel and rooted to google drive (moved from FTS to public_html/img/) and redirected to <my-website.com>. The images are not loaded at all.

So is there a way to store images in google drive and retrieve them in both BO and FO?

I don't think its not possible without major code changes. 

To upload the files, php uploaded function might be using & it will upload the files in the directory itself. So I don't think its possible to upload the files directly on 3rd party server without uploading the current server. 

>> You can add additional volume of the server & can us the symlink option to avoid directly uploading the files on the main disk but that is not possible on shared server as well.

Thanks for replying. 

I am searching for a solution right now. I will update this post once I found a solution.

I want to let ps storing product images to a different server (e.g. Google Drive) and retrieve them on BO and FO.

Any experience will be appreciated!