Help with the update of Prestashop Youtube Video Module (expired license)

JoeSchiaffi

Hi there! 

I'm using Prestashop 1.7.2 (old installation from 2017), I want to update it to the latest Prestashop Version, the only problem I have is with one of my custom module, this one:

https://addons.prestashop.com/it/video-musica/2889-video-prodotto-youtube.html

My license for this module is expired, so I have to purchase it again if I want to update it (from my current version.: 2.1.9 to the latest one: 2.1.18), I  cannot contact the development team for this module, because support is expired too, but before purchase it again, I have one crucial question:

I have almost 8.000 products, each one with it's own youtube video, if I update my prestashop installation and purchase the module again and instal it, will it be seen as an update from the old one by prestashop (and so, will I keep all my videos in all my products) or will it be seen as a new module and so I will have to re-insert all videos for all 8.000 products? 

Unfortunately I cannot ask this question directly to the development team :(

Thaks in advance for yout help

1 hour ago, joseantgv said:

You can always contact developer team even if your support is expired.

Apart from that, maybe you can also download last version (if it's not a major version) from the Downloads area: https://addons.prestashop.com/en/customer-products.php

Thank you very much, man! I've been able to update all my modules through the link you gave me, to the latest version and each one of them is working fine, now i'm finally ready to update ;) Thanks really a lot!!

• Like 1