ningu

Module customerRegistration management

New version 2.0
-- dedicated to presta 1.2 (not for 1.1) => new admin tab in backoffice
-- possibility to not block registration => only admin mail notification
-- possibility to put customer in specific groups on registration, using registration code
-- possibility for customer to ask for privilege acces => they are mapped into sprecific group if granted

Specifically to presta1.2, if you use another langage than EN or FR, you hvae to modify file customerregistration.php, line 46-47 to add your own langage before installing the module

$tab->name = array(Language::getIdByIso('en') =>'Pending',
               Language::getIdByIso('fr')  =>'En attente');

Purpose:
For some business purpose, customer registration may have to be validated before the customer can place orders onto the shop. For example, due to shipping zone or delivery concerns.

Feature :
This module try to answer this request.
As soon a customer registers to the shop, he can not been logged while his registration is not approved from the back office.
In BO, approbation/refusal can be done from the customer display page.
List of pending approval and approbation/refusal action is available through this module configuration place.
Number of pending registration displayed in BO main page.
Mail alert sent to administratos on new registration to be validated.

Default account.txt and account.html mails can be replace by the ones prposed in the mails directory of this module.
When the registration is approved, the customer is notified throught the customer_registration_ok.txt/html mail.
No mail sent when registration is refused.

ImplementationThe hook createAccountForm can be used to request more information during customer registration.
All users registered before module installation are considered as registered OK.
The uninstallation of the module will destroy all pending registration and related customer.

Tests
Tests only on french html mails.

Evolution / fixes
v1.1 : fixes on translation
v1.2 : sum-up in main BO page / mail alert to administrators on new registration
v1.3 : fix for IE7 on buttons displayed in admin customer page
v1.4 : fix to be compatible with presta V1.2 (still compatible with V1.1)
v1.5 : fix for french translation in V1.2 (NOTE : module directory renamed 'customerregistration', with 'r' instead of 'R'). Thanks to Zendik for his analysis on this issue.
V2.0 : new features, for 1.2 only (not compatible 1.1)

Links
To mask prices for unregistered customer, see Geno's thread HERE (for presta1.1)

Donation:
If you've appreciated this module and found it is usefull for you, you can make me a donation. Contact me in PM.
Thanks in advance

customerRegistration_V1.4.zip

customerregistration_V1.5.zip

8934_ahzNxg0qacrQobPT0pU4_t

8935_FLLemzogfMGk3JQNS8DX_t

8936_SyLkrM2lbLqrU0if98aN_t

customerregistrationV2.0.zip

• Like 3

It was one of my ideas to include an activation link in the sent email to admin, but it is not in the Prestashop principles for 2 reasons :

1/ In Prestashop, the admin part is quiet protected : admin dir is personnalized per site, and all admin action is protected by a token.
I didn't want to have to admin dir and the token embedded in an email

2/ If you want to filter customers registration, this is certainly because you want to check some information about the customer : adress/city/country... or cross checked customer existance through email exchange... or whatever if you add new info during registration.
All theses info can not be checked from the received email, so no link to validate customer.

Regards

It was one of my ideas to include an activation link in the sent email to admin, but it is not in the Prestashop principles for 2 reasons :

1/ In Prestashop, the admin part is quiet protected : admin dir is personnalized per site, and all admin action is protected by a token.
I didn't want to have to admin dir and the token embedded in an email

2/ If you want to filter customers registration, this is certainly because you want to check some information about the customer : adress/city/country... or cross checked customer existance through email exchange... or whatever if you add new info during registration.
All theses info can not be checked from the received email, so no link to validate customer.

Regards

Thanks ningu,
I see now.
Brgds

Hello!
Thanks for developing this module.

Now I just need to find a way to hide prices before the customer log in! Any idea?

EDIT: the answer and the solution are on the post right above (shame on me :-P)

Dear Ningu,
it seems that it is not working on the version i uses "Version 1.1.0.5 - 0.792s " or i place the files wrong.

After several time to re-install the shop, its time to ask you, if you can give me the places were the files most be placed to let it work.

please advice.

Best Regard,

John
(I'm new, and don't have a lot off knowledge of php, sorry)

Hi Ningu,

Firstly, Thank you for the module. It's a great module that most users want it.

I tried to install it with me testing prestashop site (verion 1.1).
However, It does not show any record for the customers who registered. only show as the screenshot attached.

What I did are just copied the files to responding folders and copied the rest of files (like action.php, customerRegistration.php, fr.php, messages.php and messages.tpl under the root folder. then I created a new tab called customerRegistration and made the class as "ApprovedCustomer". please see the screenshot 2 attached.

I am just wondering where did I go wrong? What would be exactly detailed instructions about this module?

Does anyone know about it as well?

Thank you in advance

AngelOfHavoc

5485_vwZSXaGQyWH8xiMsIPOs_t

5486_3W7IRANIb5hFecPJxUlO_t

This module is working fine with 1.1.05 version.

Simply unzip the *.zip file in the 'modules' directory of your installation.
Then, through to 'Modules' tabs, install it.

That's all folks.

Hi
like i sayed before, i'm new and don't know alot of this shop.

Because it still doesn't work i will ask you all to help me with this.
Let me first tell you what i did.
I pleased a Dutch translation on it, on this i have Englisch and Dutch languesses.

To install this CustomerRegistration tool, i Did go to the modules dir. and placed the unzip files there.
I think , so far so good.
Next thing i did i go in the shop (admin) to the Tools tab were also the CMS tab is to find, and the Tabs tab like was written.
I take the Dutch Langues first and then click on Add New.
Then a pic a name, in my case customregistration in typed this, next by the Class i did fill in ApprovedCustomer.php (like was installed when i past the zip files there)
For parent i take Customer
I think , so far so good.

Now when i click on the Customer tab, i also see ApprovedCustomer, also good i think.
But when i look on addreses tab i see the one name i already add a a new customer before.
When i now again as a new customer write my specifications, i still be direct registrated so i think this module doesn't work or i do something wrong.

Please Advice, i feel so stopid :)

Best Reg,

John

Hi John,

i Did go to the modules dir. and placed the unzip files there.
-> OK

Next thing i did i go in the shop (admin) to the Tools tab
->NOK : a module is not installed like this.
You have to go in the 'Modules' tabs and click the 'install' button of the customerRegistration module.

Then this module is activated :
- in the 'Configure' part of this module, you have the configuration and the pending registration
- in the home of the back office, you have the number of pending registration
- in the customer admin page, ypu have a new part managed by this module.

Regards
Olivier

Dear Olivier,
thank you, it works.
Sometime it takes a little help to go further.
Tanks again.

Best Regards,
John

Does this work for either version of Prestashop? It get an error when I try to install the module in the back office.

Only tested on presta 1.1b5
not really tested on SVN, i.e. comming 1.2, but should not work

Hi Ningu,

Firstly, Thank you for the module. It's a great module that most users want it.

I tried to install it with me testing prestashop site (verion 1.1).
However, It does not show any record for the customers who registered. only show as the screenshot attached.

What I did are just copied the files to responding folders and copied the rest of files (like action.php, customerRegistration.php, fr.php, messages.php and messages.tpl under the root folder. then I created a new tab called customerRegistration and made the class as "ApprovedCustomer". please see the screenshot 2 attached.

I am just wondering where did I go wrong? What would be exactly detailed instructions about this module?

Does anyone know about it as well?

Thank you in advance

AngelOfHavoc

yes i have problem is this type..

i use v1.1 and no change whatever modification.
pls post.

thx

Only tested on presta 1.1b5
not really tested on SVN, i.e. comming 1.2, but should not work

Hi all,

As ningu said, this useful module doesn't work as is with 1.2 alpha.
Has anyone managed to use it with this version of Prestashop?
If yes, how?

Thanks a lot.

Version v1.4 available in first message of this forum for compatibility with presta1.2

I'm checking why the french translation is not taken into account
I don't understand why it stay in english

Hi ningu.

Thank you very much for your nice module and your help :)

Regards.

I use 1.2. alfa presta and 1.4. this modul. In front page its ork fine!! But I dont add modul into tabs on my back office. When I create tabs with:

name: Appoved users
class: AdminModules
modul: customerRegistration

and go to tab

I see:

Attention: Invalid token security

AND

in list of modules a dont see icon (blank with red "X").

Hi Kazakh-woman,

From a module, it is not possible to install a new tab in the back office => no specific tab for it.

If you have the module working in the front office, I guess you've correctly intalled it through 'modules' tab, and 'install' button of this module.

Then, through the configuration panel of this module, you have the list of pending registration.

Note :
- you can access this page through the 'pending registration' button in the back office home page
- in each customer page, you also have buttons to accept/reject registration

Regards

Hi all,

This module (release 1.4) works fine with PS 1.2 alpha 1.
But does anyone has an idea about why all labels appear in English and are not translated into French?

Thanks,
Regards.

Hi ningu,

I just saw your report in the BT.
http://www.prestashop.com/bug_tracker/view/1812/

1/ It seems that your translations don't work because of the :
customerRegistration_
strings in the fr.php file.
When I replace them by :
customerregistration_
(uppercase 'R' to lowercase) it runs.

2/ In addition, the "Back" button is not translated because of the lack of the :
mod='customerRegistration'
instruction in messages.tpl
line 6 (2 times) and 10 (2 times).

3/ Last thing, in the second email received by the customer, the string "Already sent" is not translated.
But here, I can't tell you why...

Zendik,
Thanks very much for analysis.

I've post in top of this forum the V1.5 version including fixes about french translation.
NOTE : module directory have been renamed 'customerregistration' instead of 'customerRegistration' ('r' / 'R')

I haven't check about the 'already sent' in the email.

Hi ningu,

Thank you very much for this 1.5 version. I will try it right now :)

As I use your module with French labels, don't hesitate to ask me whichever information may be of help to fix the “Already sent“ bug.

Regards.

Hi ningu,

Thank you very much for this 1.5 version. I will try it right now :)

As I use your module with French labels, don't hesitate to ask me whichever information may be of help to fix the “Already sent“ bug.

Regards.

Well... In fact, after having installed and tested the 1.5 version of the module, I can tell that there is no more French translation bug.
Everything is well translated in the BO, in the FO and in send emails.
Even "Already send" is correctly translated.

Thanks a lot for this nice job, ningu.

Regards.

After further tests, here are some new bugs:

1/ In the BO home page, the link "View" button is now wrong (still "customerRegistration" instead of "customerregistration").

2/ Idem with the "View all unregistered customer" button in the customer details page.

3/ In the French version of the BO, the alert message associated with the red "X" button located in the module settings page to refuse a customer account contains an apostrophe preventing the button to work.

hi development needed to join customerregistration mail with activation link it with an md5 code in this way the membership will automatically be completed is

the code could be lower

$md5pass = md5($_POST['pass']);
   $activ_code = rand(1000,9999);
   $server = $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'];
   $host = ereg_replace('www.','',$server);
   mysql_query("INSERT INTO users
                 (`user_email`,`user_pwd`,`country`,`joined`,`activation_code`,`full_name`)
                 VALUES
                 ('$_POST[email]','$md5pass','$_POST[country]',now(),'$activ_code','$_POST[full_name]')") or die(mysql_error());

$message = 
"Thank you for registering an account with $server. Here are the login details...\n\n
User Email: $_POST[email] \n
Password: $_POST[pass] \n
Activation Code: $activ_code \n
Thank you. This is an automated response. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY.
";

mail($_POST['email'] , "Login Activation", $message,
   "From: \"Auto-Response\" \r\n" .
    "X-Mailer: PHP/" . phpversion());
   unset($_SESSION['ckey']);
   echo("Registration Successful! An activation code has been sent to your email address with an activation link...");    

exit;
   }

hi,
i'm also interesting to integrate cenkgursu script in your code ...
do you think that's possible ?
Cheers,

JP

i’m also interesting to integrate cenkgursu script in your code …

Not sure it's a good idea....

What are cenkgursu's scripts doing ?

Which post ?
Do you have the link ?

Don't understand your need to have in the same time :
-- a customer registration approval from the back-office (my module)
-- an account activation with a link from an email

What is the purpose to have both ?

hi development needed to join customerregistration mail with activation link it with an md5 code in this way the membership will automatically be completed is

the code could be lower

VALUES
                 ('$_POST[email]','$md5pass','$_POST[country]',now(),'$activ_code','$_POST[full_name]')") or die(mysql_error());

$message = 
"Thank you for registering an account with $server. Here are the login details...\n\n
";

echo("Registration Successful! An activation code has been sent to your email address with an activation link...");    

exit;
   }

Hi cenkgursu,
Where to post this code?
I like this activate method.
Thanks

code only sample are shown

the code could be lower

VALUES

$message = 
";

exit;
   }

Hi cenkgursu,
Where to post this code?
I like this activate method.
Thanks

Iwans

Alpha 1.2 please?
Your post is absolutely not understandable....

cenkgursu
code only sample are shown
You're also absolutely not understandable.
What's the interest to post a piece of code without explaining how to integrate it, how if works and it's finality ?....

I don't understand what's you're looking for....
If you approve customer registration from the back office, you can easily detect fake customer : no need of link activation !!

Personal view :
With link activation, you will lost many customers....
On registration, customers are not logged in.... it's frustating : they wanted to buy but they can't...
they have to open their mail application.... and wait for the mail : hope for you it won't be too long...
then activate the link...
then go back to the e-shop... an reenter their identifiers... raarrrghhh ... they've just entered them few minutes ago !!!

Sure that during this process you've lost customers...especially all ones that were not motivated to buy...

manager does not automatically process online is easier, I constantly work on it I guess if you share

hi all, first of all thanks to ningu for this mod.

For Wholesellers this plugin/mode is really good. ll sell the products to those who are known members.

for others (public registration)
but activating the members is also not possible all the time. by this also we can loose customers. Alternative auto activation is better i feel. Like other bulletin boards avail.

Another Question: Is there any possibility to show only homepage for guest. (Rest of the pages ll ask him to register/login) Any help!

thanks in Adv.

To Ningu

Thanks for your registration.
Your identiers has been sent but you can not log in for now.
You will receive an email when your account will be activated.
after this message, i would like to display some offers or other ads. to do so, where i have to edit/add.

Hi Xylon,

You can create your own theme.
In each *.tpl file you can test the $logged variable and decide what to display (true if user logged in, false for guest)
=> different information / pages for guest or logged user

To display more infos in the registration acknowledgment page, you can complement the content of the message.tpl file of my module

Hi,

I've installed this module, and it works pretty fine.
If I log on the BO, into the stats, I can see that there are some users waiting for validation.
If I click on the button which redirect to http://@IP/prestashop/admin/?tab=AdminModules&configure=customerRegistration&token=e9b3c08045f273c5acea9eb5e05b514e

I've got an error telling me that the module is not found

Do you have any tips to solve this ?
I've installed the version 1.5

i to am wondering we we could only allow home page till login.

is there a particular file i should edit?

Hi Ningu,

I am wondering If the way that I install is wrong or what. It is still not functional.

My Installation steps
1)unzip the file
2)zip it to customerregistration.tar
3)paste it under the folder modules
4)At BO, add modules
5)It states modules install successful

but i cant see any changes...

This module just allow a customer to be registered and then wait to admin to validate the account.

Exactly: when a customer registers, his registration is pending till admin validation.

In back-office, you have :

- number of pending + a button in the admin home page

- list of pending registration in the configuration part of the module

- in customer tab, you also have button and link to validate/refuse registration

Thanks friends,

Here is the screenshot. I can't see anything that you guys specific.
My installation correct?
or the version not match?

8912_QkWpuesJ1lYmXX8WV0z1_t

And if you try to edit a customer, you'll see some different information, telling you that the admin have to accept or reject the registration.

@Ken Ng

No info is available on the customer list tab you've posted : you have to go inside one customer.
Did you try to go in the Configuration part of the CustomerRegistration module ?
What do you have in the main page of the back office ?

I've updated the first post of this topic with image preview displaying what you should see.

Is it possible to change the default status to "Approved" instead of "Waiting for Registration"? I just want to use this mod to notify the admin that there is a new customer.

authentication.php

$customer->active = 1;

change to

$customer->active = 0;

9222_FKJOPvbZhMXYpgvP3nZN_t

• Like 1

Hi Mhu100,

To have the user approved by default, change the following code of customerregistration.php file in function hookCreateAccount :
Line 94 : $cookie->logged = 1; /* instead of 0 */
Line 97 : $approval->is_approved = 1 ; /* instead of 0 */
Remove l(or comment) line 103 : $back = blablabla

I've not tested but it should be OK.

Hi Mhu100,

To have the user approved by default, change the following code of customerregistration.php file in function hookCreateAccount :

I will try this in a short time and let you know. Thanks in advance!

Hi Mhu100,

I will try this in a short time and let you know. Thanks in advance!

It's working. Thanks.

Now I need additional fields in the New Customer Mail for the admin. p.e. Company, Birthday, Newsletter etc. ect.
I have tried this in file customerregistration.php, see code below, but that isn't working.

case 'pending_registration':
               $address = $params['address'];
               $customer = $params['customer'];
               $template = 'pending_registration';
               $subject = $this->l('New customer waiting for registration');
               $templateVars = array(
                   '{company}' => $address->company,
                   '{id_gender}' => $customer->id_gender,
                   '{firstname}' => $customer->firstname,
                   '{lastname}' => $customer->lastname,
                   '{email}' => $customer->email,
                   '{birthday}' => $customer->birthday,
                   );
               $dest = split(self::__MAIL_DELIMITOR__, $this->_mails);
               if (!Mail::Send(intval(Configuration::get('PS_LANG_DEFAULT')), $template, $subject, $templateVars,
                            $dest, 
                            NULL, $configuration['PS_SHOP_EMAIL'], $configuration['PS_SHOP_NAME'], NULL, NULL, dirname(__FILE__).'/mails/') ) {
                   //die('Send Mail Failed');
               }

Maybe someone can help me out!

hi ningu, thanks for your great module. it all works perfectly fine but when i click the green tick to validate customers, it leads me to a 500 internal error page of my host. can someone shed some light on this issue?

cheers

Bonsoir,

Quelqu'un a t'il essayé ce module avec prestashop 1.2.4 ? Je viens de l'installer et rien !!

Pas de module visible !!

Quelqu'un a t'il une idée ?

merci de votre aide

eric

Bonsoir Eric,

A priori, sans avoir testé, je dirais qu'il est compatible malgré tout.
Je n'ai pas encore installé la 1.2.4 pour testé.

Quel est le symptôme ?

Bonsoir ningu,

ben en fait, après avoir uploadé le dossier "customerregistration" dans le dossier "module", je me rends dans le BO, et là je cherche quelque chose à installer peut-être... mais bon je vois rien ou alors je vois pas clair. Pas non plus dans la liste de modules à greffer ...

voilà

Eric,

Dans la page du BackOffice 'Modules', c'est le 3ie du block 'Tools'.
Il s'appelle 'Gestion de l'inscription des clients'.
Je l'ai installé sur une 1.2.4 sans souci.

Oui ningu merci, j'ai finis par le trouver.
L'as tu testé ? Maintenant j'ai des erreurs 500 !

exemple :
apres validation du formulaire d'inscription client, je tombe sur une 500 . Par contre l'inscription est prise en compte. le client reçoit un mail de bienvenue.
ensuite sur la page d'accueil du BO j'ai bien : 1 client en attente en attente. mais quand je clic sur "Voir", j'ai un message d'erreur : module non trouvé
Je vais en ensuite sur le module, je vais sur "configurer". j'essaie de valider le client en cliquant sur la coche verte... et là : erreur 500.

bizarre non ?

je vois également que les liens des boutons censés ouvrir le module sont du type :
racine/index.php?tab=AdminModules&configure=customerRegistration&token=6a4dcb549061d834a8e2a6466b21868a
si je remplace customerRegistration par customerregistration cela fonctionne.

eric

Je viens de tester sur une 1.2.4 installée sur Linux :

- inscription client : pas de souci

- Bouton 'Voir' sur page principale en BO : Erreur module non trouvé, effectivement

- Validation de l'inscription, depuis la fiche client ou depuis la page config du modeul : ca marche

Pour tes erreurs, essaie de regarder tes logs Apache pour voir pourquoi il plante.
Tu es en local ou chez un hébergeur ?
Quel navigateur ? quelle veriosn de PHP? OS du serveur ?

Merci ningu de ton aide.
alors je suis sur hebergeur mutualisé, Linux. mon navigateur est Firefox, PHP5.2.8

comment regarder mes Logs apache ?

eric

Suivant l'hébergeur, tu peux accéder aux logs dans ton interface d'administration de ton hebergement

est ce que ceci te dis quelque chose :

[sat Sep 26 17:08:54 2009] [error] [client 00.0.000.000] File does not exist: /home/aecomme/public_html/500.shtml, referer: racine/index.php?tab=AdminCustomers&id_customer=2&viewcustomer&token;=1eca95f16a14d3966dbce894819acb06
[sat Sep 26 17:08:54 2009] [error] [client 00.0.000.000] SoftException in Application.cpp:256: File "/home/aecomme/public_html/demo/modules/customerregistration/action.php" is writeable by group, referer: racine/index.php?tab=AdminCustomers&id_customer=2&viewcustomer&token;=1eca95f16a14d3966dbce894819acb06

j'ai rien de mieux !

New version 2.0 available.

See first message of the post

Thank you ningu, for sharing this very useful module with the community!

Hi,

I suppose it is due to the fact that this module can't install in your langage.

Did you try the fix mentioned in the first post ?
You have to declare your langage in the array for the admin tab trnaslation

I install but when I change option in modul I see
Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/folder/public_html/shop/modules/customerregistration/customerregistration.php on line 295

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/folder/public_html/shop/modules/customerregistration/customerregistration.php on line 295

Ind if I want edit in admin/translations/names of fields - I see message DO NOT INCLUDE THIS APPROVEDCUSTOMER FILE

Hello,

This module and the part where you can add someone to a specific group is perfect !

I just wanted to know if it would be possible to have multiple codes for multiples groups... I tried but it only takes into account the last code created.

All my groups would have the same reductions but they would be each "owned" by sbdy different, so having multiples groups and multiple codes would help for the stats afterwards...

I came up with another solution "just in case" (all in one same group, differentiated by another field added in the registration form), but bye bye easy stats... :(

Hi,

Thanks for this module , really useful !

I have the same question than AnnC : can we use more than one code to deal with multiples groups ?

Thanks

Hi Seems a very nice module for prestashop

I have downloaded the V2 version and tried to upload it to my Prestashop 1.2.5. Problem is that when I try to upload the file I get this error message:

1 error

1. zip is not installed on your server. Ask your host for further information.

File is only 33K so I dont think it is a php.ini error. I dont find any error in the logs.....

Any ideas of why I am getting this error?

Thanks a lot mates, and congratulations for the module, the idea seems pretty nice!!

Hi again

Just wondering if anyone can help me to get this module installed. I am using a Prestashop 1.2.4 with a Spanish translation, and I am trying to get this zip module installed ( I got it from first post customerregistrationV2.zip).

I have downloaded it, modify the lines to add the spanish language I have in prestashop

$tab->name = array(Language::getIdByIso('en') =>'Pending',
               Language::getIdByIso('fr')  =>'En attente',
Language::getIdByIso('es')  =>'Pendiente Validacion',
); 

Then I ziped back the files in customerregistrationV2_1.zip and tried to install it in the backoffice in the modules tab using the "add new module" wizzard

However I get this error:

1 error 1. zip is not installed on your server. Ask your host for further information.

Any ideas about how to solve this situation???... Do I need a special language file for spanish before installing this module?

Any help will be much appreciated

Hello,
I have 2 groups in my shop, One is Default and another is wholesale group, I want to use this mod so that after validation they become member of the wholesale group, is this possible? and how to send email to customers after their account is validated?

@Vinay

Use the configuration page of the module to choose what you expect about the module behavior.
In particular, you can specify to which group customer must belong when they accepted

As mentionned in the first message of this thread, don't forget to copy mail template file from the module dir into the root mail directory

Hello,

This module does not work in: Version 1.2.5.0
Does anyone have a update for this version??

@HD WEB PROVIDER
This module has been validated on 1.2.5

In case of problem, I investigate and provide a fix.

What is your issue ?

There is in fact no troubles with the module.

This module manage customer registration filtering.
It does not cover masking the prices for not logged customer.

If you want to mask prices for not logged customer you have to modify your tpl theme files.
2 main files are
product.tpl and products_list.tpl

Encapsulate the part of the file displaying the price (and the Add to card button also, I guest)
with a

{if $logged}
    encapslated part
{/if}

You will also have to do this for all modules tpl displaying a price

See an exemple of this {if} statement in modules/blockuserinfo/blockuserinfo.tpl