php max_input_vars

Bernardine de Laat

Hi,

I want to add a product to my prestashop site that has different sizes and per size another different option. I created the combinations and when I added
it, there were 60 combinations. When I tried to save prestashop told me to raise the value of the pap.ini (max_imput_vars) to 2000. So I did that and I could
save the product. Then my website gave an 500 error message.

Is this product to big in size to be added to the website, what are the maximum combinations that can be made I wonder?

The homepage of the site can not be reached anymore, it still in 500 error mode.

Who can help me out here?

Kind regards,

Mrs. Bernardine de Laat

Prestashop can handle a limited number of attributes, anywhere from 400-3,000 combinations.

IF you cannot reduce the number of attributes you need, so the number of combinations needed would be lower, you should look into our Attribute Wizard Pro module, which was designed specifically for this issue.

https://www.presto-changeo.com/prestashop-17-modules/139-prestashop-attribute-wizard-pro-module.html

Hi I wanted to create a product that exists from one attribute with 10 options combined with an attribute with 6 options (60 combinations) and then I got this warning

to raise the value of the php.ini (max_imput_vars) to 2000 (1000 is standard). So I did that. After that the website gave an error 500. Than I switch debug on and the

website crashed. Luckily there was a backup and now I can work on the website again but I have a lot of trouble with creating products if I can not make the 

combinations I want. Also I find prestashop very, very expensive, I bought two modules (one of 50 euro and one of 200 euro) and I can not use them both because it's

not wat I expected. Next time I build a wordpress website again. 

I mean it totally crashed, I couldn't reach the website anymore (not the homepage, not the backoffice), I had this page filled with strange numbers and text, I didn't create a screenshot I was totally stressed.

I contacted my hostingcompany and they installed a back-up to get the website working again. Luckily that worked!

Now I don't dare to create the product I was working on again. 

It could have been a minor issue, or an existing problem in your site, that happens with debug mode on.

Rule number #1 of having a stable live website, it to have a test site where you try new things first, that way you are not risking breaking your live site.

3 minutes ago, Bernardine de Laat said:

Thanks that is a good advice but my site is live allready. Can I set it to test site then?

You can create a test site anytime you want.

What I mean is create a copy of your existing site, in a new subfolder (you can call it /test), and use that copy of the site to test things.

The two should not be connected (you will need to create a duplicate of the DB, the files, and change the parameters file + shop URL in the DB), so that anything you do in the test site would not affect the live site.

We created a module that lets you create a test site with a few clicks if you need, see https://www.presto-changeo.com/home/158-test-site-creator.html

Thank I will take a look at that.

Can I ask you something else? I am building an online photo store. Customers can upload there photo's and order prints.
I am looking for a module where people can upload there photo from computer or facebook. Customer can choose a photosize for example, 10 x 15 cm, or 20 x 30 cm. Than the module has to warn the customer if the photo is to small or has a low resolution for the photosize the choose. 
Do you know if something like that exists? I am looking for weeks now and I only found zakeke but it's so much work I have to create all templates by hand (in photoshop) and then draw them in zakeke it's to much work for me.

Perhaps there is something else I could use?

I am not aware of a module that has this feature.

We do have a module that lets you display attributes as a file upload, so you don't need to have the customer click save (like with PrestaShop customization).

https://www.presto-changeo.com/prestashop-17-modules/139-prestashop-attribute-wizard-pro-module.html

It has a setting for max file size, but it would need modifications to check the resolution (those should likely take a couple of hours).

This module will also resolve any issues you have with too many combinations (though I don't believe the issue you had was related to having 60 combinations).