ADMIN login not found after adding product descirptions

JarekLadosz

Good day, 

I have installed prestashop_1.7.6.7 on web host.

Successfully have logged in to BO, numerous times: added categories, products, second language, custom pages over the past month, 1 ADMIN super user (me), and 2 additional employees (1SU, 1 Limited access user).

2 weeks back SU employee was uploading an image to product, when database crashed and shopname/adminXXX would throw out a 404 error page:

The page you are looking for was not found.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Search again what you are looking for

I did a DB export/backup from myPHPadmin, at this stage. db_backup

to find solution I renamed admin folder, tried all kinds of routes in public_html and .htcaccess renaming etc, nothing worked.

I finally went through the database, and deleted the ps_images table. The shopname/adminXXX login page opened correctly, successful login was made, then I restored the db_backup. Everything was working correctly after that. 

Today, same SU was updating descriptions in 2 languages when shopname/adminXXX  threw out a 404 error page.

I DROP tables, import DB_backup, DROP tables individually to find suspect table. I can not get the problem fixed.

Has anyone come across this error with a working solution?

I am by no means a developer, but the store owner with basic self-taught coding experience.

Thank you 

PRESTASHOP ERROR page.PNG

On 8/25/2020 at 2:15 PM, JarekLadosz said:

Good day, 

I have installed prestashop_1.7.6.7 on web host.

Successfully have logged in to BO, numerous times: added categories, products, second language, custom pages over the past month, 1 ADMIN super user (me), and 2 additional employees (1SU, 1 Limited access user).

2 weeks back SU employee was uploading an image to product, when database crashed and shopname/adminXXX would throw out a 404 error page:

The page you are looking for was not found.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Search again what you are looking for

I did a DB export/backup from myPHPadmin, at this stage. db_backup

to find solution I renamed admin folder, tried all kinds of routes in public_html and .htcaccess renaming etc, nothing worked.

I finally went through the database, and deleted the ps_images table. The shopname/adminXXX login page opened correctly, successful login was made, then I restored the db_backup. Everything was working correctly after that. 

Today, same SU was updating descriptions in 2 languages when shopname/adminXXX  threw out a 404 error page.

I DROP tables, import DB_backup, DROP tables individually to find suspect table. I can not get the problem fixed.

Has anyone come across this error with a working solution?

I am by no means a developer, but the store owner with basic self-taught coding experience.

Thank you 

PRESTASHOP ERROR page.PNG

I have a similar problem ...

I found a solution, copy the public_html folder on the host as a backup.
When PrestaShop failure occurs, delete the contents of public_html folder.

Copy over the backup, images and anything uploaded before the crash wont be there, but at least you don't have to work from the beginning.