Error Unknown column 'id_paypal_order' in 'field list' after upgrade from 1.6 to 1.7

technocracy

So last night I upgraded from 1.6.24 to 1.7.6.4 and every seemed fine - all the front end works and PayPal redirect etc for the cart works and I went to bed thinking all was good. 

Anyway I wake up this morning and go to change an order status in the back office to shipped and I get the error as attached - I have also attached the schema of the SQL of fqc_paypal_order, it seems be missing a column for id_paypal_order - but I don't know whether my assumption is correct or what the format for the column is . . . 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Steve

1278624118_ScreenShot2020-08-14at10_45_24am.thumb.png.40d4b7522775f6d1544e9d8b90393395.png

1378169145_ScreenShot2020-08-14at10_48_48am.thumb.png.857c52e5d919c59522f426a250abcb4f.png

Hmmm ok - weird.  

I just noticed I still have the shop in debug mode - once disabled I do not get the error!??!? 

So it's "fixed" so to speak - but obviously this error is occurring in the background and it would be nice to get to the bottom of it.  

🙃

Hello,

Please pay attention that you can not use the version 3.x of PayPal module on PrestaShop 1.7. The core of the PrestaShop 1.6 and 1.7 is very different. So, PayPal has one version of the module for PS.1.6.x (v3.x) and another one for PS1.7 (v5.x).
It is not possible to use PayPal v3.x on PrestaShop 1.7 (and so it is impossible to update the module from 3.x to 5.x).
You have to uninstall the v3.x before migrating to PS1.7 (the details about previously created orders will be saved)
Once the migration to PS1.7 is done you have to install the v5.x of PayPal module.

Please do not hesitate to contact our support team if you have any other issues.

Best regards,

202 ecommerce

• 4 weeks later...

Hi had this issue also, the solution was to delete the database entrys for paypal. and reinstall the module.

But after that now I get in the end, when the confirmation page should be displayed, I get

Error code: 0;Short message: Warning: strip_tags() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given;

The order is placed, mails are sent, and appears in backoffice and paypal website.

I'm in debug mode, and no further error is displayed.

How can I get to the source of this problem?

PS 1.7.6.7

Thanks.

Edited by alvesjc (see edit history)