VAT calculation based on the price including VAT and not excluding VAT

soldy

Hello,

I'm facing a difficulty regarding the VAT calculation on Prestashop 1.7.5.1

I'm going to become a Amazon seller Pan-EU, so I will soon get several VAT numbers from some EU countries, and I will have to apply VAT depending on the country of destination of the goods.

Therefore, I will have to apply a different VAT rate depending on the country of destination, while keeping the same price including VAT for all customers.

To calculate the VAT (same tax rule for all products), Prestashop bases itself on the price excluding VAT of the product and then applies the VAT rate according to the country of delivery. Prestashop therefore displays this rate for a country with 23% VAT: 

TTC2.png

whereas for a 20% FR customer, the rate will be this one:

TTC.png

I would therefore like to change this setting so that the VAT calculation is based on the price including VAT and not on the price excluding VAT. If the solution is not easy, I will of course pay a developer to solve this problem.

image.png

Thank you in advance,

On 8/6/2020 at 8:34 PM, musicmaster said:

I don't understand what you want. Price excluding VAT is what is stored in the database. Price including VAT is just some virtual number that has no presence in the database. So why would anyone want to use as a basis for calculation?

Thank you for your answer. In this case, it means that my problem is going to be more difficult to solve.

The problem is :

An Italian customer lands on the product page via Google with a price tag of 89€ including VAT. 

The Italian customer adds the product at 89€ VAT incl. (French VAT 20% as default) in his shopping cart, indicates his delivery address in Italy (22% VAT), and the product increases to 90.49€ VAT incl. It's sure that the customer will not appreciate this increase and will not understand where this increase comes from.

Otherwise, the German customer with 19% VAT will be happy to get a small discount.

The operation must be transparent for the customer, it's not possible that he pays more than the price displayed on Google or on the product page when he isn't logged in (and therefore didn't indicate the delivery address).

This is why it's necessary in my case to calculate the VAT according to the price including VAT and not the price excluding VAT.

Unfortunately, the 7 countries for which I will obtain a VAT number haven't the same VAT rate (FR, DE, IT, ES, CZ, PL, GB).

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...