HTTP ERROR 500

Mastuzza

Good morning,
i am developing a site in prestashop 1.7.x.

I commented a couple of lines in a prestashop file, the file is called validate.php, after the modification I replaced the validate.php file by making a preventive copy first.

I'm going to look at the effect of the change and the site, both public and administrative side, is no longer seen providing the http error 500 error

I restored the file that I had previously duplicated, but nothing to do the error always occurs.

Could you help me solve it?

Thank you in advance

Regards
Maximum

errore_500-EN.jpg

Hi tomerg3,

Thanks for the assistance. I changed the value you told me in the defines.inc.php file from false to true and everything magically returned to work.
Thank you so much

Do I have to do anything else?

Thanks thanks thanks

In this case it was a cache issue (turning on debug mode is enforcing usage of different cache). You can switch off debug and delete /var/cache to have it regenerated automatically with next page call

Thanks JBW e tOMERG3 for the assistance.

I cleared the cache from the performance card but after setting debug to true the site gave me error 500 again,  So I put false on debugging again and everything went back to working.
I would like to try clearing the cache from the var / cache folder but I don't understand and need to clear the entire cache folder or specific folders or files.

Thanks for your valuable help

Mastuzza