have trouble connecting to Addons

Using Prestashop version 1.7.6.7

Purchased theme 

go to modules catalog while I am signed in and it says firewall needs to be disabled.

I disabled all firewalls on my PC Mcafee is completely turned off. Checked windows firewall turned off

I have tried on my phone, tablet laptop and I receive the same message as shown 

It looks like we have trouble connecting to Addons. Please refresh the page or check your firewall configuration

Turned Off the Firewall via the Advanced Security Window

Adjusted the Network Location Awareness Startup Type Setting

Tried on all browsers too

Did everything I think I possibly could. Could this be a block on my network ?

I have been doing this for 2 days now. Please can someone advise me what I can do to access my paid modules ?

Thanking you in advance

Cynthia

22.PNG

Edited by cmarie2
left something out (see edit history)

I started my add on modules with a different website 2 years ago. I am starting over with a new website And I just purchased a new theme.

Can i be blocked because I am using  different website even though I purchased a new theme with the same account? 

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same issue. Have you find a fix?

First time on Prestashop. Last Version 1.7.6.7.

Same error.

"It looks like we have trouble connecting to Addons. Please refresh the page or check your firewall configuration."

Screenshot 2020-08-15 at 11.47.55.png

• 3 weeks later...

On 8/21/2020 at 8:13 PM, Pathip said:

As below, It's solution.
https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/1030080-theme-catalog-error/?tab=comments#comment-3259123

You can change 0.6 to 20 at /modules/ps_mbo/src/ExternalContentProvider/ExternalContentProvider.php.

It's work for me.

This solution helped me! Thanks!

Another similar issue: no access to Theme Catalog. Does anybody know where to change timeout for Theme Catalog access ? 

Edited by Yulia Vitun (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Worked smoothly for me too yet again, thanks to the individuals users.  It is amazing how people are finding these problems year after year and Prestashop is not updating against this.  These are simple fixes thus people all over the world including me are running into issues like that only to find the individuals are the help here.  Come on you guys

• 8 months later...

I have installed a fresh Prestashop 1.7.8.2 and I had the same issue: "It looks like we have trouble connecting to Addons. Please refresh the page or check your firewall configuration". None from the above solutions worked. The problem was my password, it contained these characters "<>!". Although I could login to the addons marketplace https://addons.prestashop.com/en/ with no issue, I could not login from the admin. As soon as I changed my password and removed the characters, everything worked fine. Soon... after 4 hours.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 1/17/2022 at 12:11 PM, PrestaRM said:

I have installed a fresh Prestashop 1.7.8.2 and I had the same issue: "It looks like we have trouble connecting to Addons. Please refresh the page or check your firewall configuration". None from the above solutions worked. The problem was my password, it contained these characters "<>!". Although I could login to the addons marketplace https://addons.prestashop.com/en/ with no issue, I could not login from the admin. As soon as I changed my password and removed the characters, everything worked fine. Soon... after 4 hours.

Yup. I can confirm this works. STRANGE

On 1/17/2022 at 8:11 PM, PrestaRM said:

This tip works perfectly
Used in two different installations, Prestashop 1.7.8.5 and Prestashop 1.7.8.4

I had an Addons account with a password generated by MacPass like this one
%a?)D\B,&3n+KR2f
And although the password worked correctly by logging in directly to https://addons.prestashop.com/ from the Prestashop BO, there was no way to get it accepted.
I rewrote it with different characters and finally, after 1 month of error messages, the problem was solved.
Thanks for the suggestion!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...