BO product pack search does not search properly

I have tons of products and I want to make some product packs. To make searching for specific product / combination easier, I want to add extra info into product reference code. Example of change: "FY123456" -> "A12 FY123456"

Problem is that I cannot search by this new piece of reference ("A12") when I try to add product into product pack. If I type some old part of the reference ("FY1, "234", ...), it finds it and I can see that new piece of info is in the reference so it is saved OK, but is not searchable for some reason. FO search works well with the new part of reference, so the problem is only in BO.

I have tried to rebuild product index and clear cache, but no effect. I have set reference search weight to 1, is it too low for BO search? Is there some other cache to clear that I have missed?

Are you saying that there is no way in core PrestaShop to refresh reference data in BO search? Even though it is possible in FO search? I prefer to use as few modules as possible.

Hey iipa, I misunderstood the question - you are right the data should be already refreshed. There is only one database so if the change is reflected in FO, it should reflect in BO. Have you tried keeping one word and changing that single word? For example changing 'FY123456' -> 'FY123457' and see if that works fine? Sometimes the issue is in matching the user query rather than data refresh. Lastly, can you try deleting the 'cache' folder in the file system?

I tried adding the new content into same word, but no difference. Removing cache didn't help either. Thanks for trying to help. I'm going to try to issue a bug, maybe that will get developer attention.