Update product attribute quantity from command line

I have created a module in Prestashop 1.7.6 which update products + product attribute stocks by 2 ways :

• In the back office (the settings of the module) it works perfectly
  • From a cron by the server every night using a declared service called by this kind of command line :
php /var/www/MyPrestashopSite/bin/console mymodule:update updateProducts --no-debug

For many other services that I have created and I use it works perfectly, but for this one, I use the "new" stock management in Prestashop, and when I use the \StockAvailable methods, it always call the Context and trigger an error of StockManagementRepository line 130 :

'Determining the active language requires a contextual employee instance.'

This error prevent my module from updating product + product attributes stock out of Context.

In my code I tried to use the following methods, to get and modify the stock in the cleanest possible way :

\StockAvailable::getQuantityAvailableByProduct(...)

\StockAvailable::setQuantity(...)

\StockAvailable::updateQuantity(...)

Note that I force the $shopId to 1 to avoid getting the Context as much as possible.

Do you know how to update a stock in a clean way (not just modifying the stocks, product attributes and products tables) in Prestashop from a cron (out of the context and without employee connexion), and without calling the Prestashop webservice ?

Thank you.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, we got the same error.

In front it is OK that Presta requires a contextual employee instance.

But for bulk/custom PHP file where You include core functionality like

include(dirname(__FILE__).'/config/config.inc.php');
require_once(dirname(__FILE__).'/init.php');

and want to update product quantity something like this

$product = new Product(ITEM_ID);
StockAvailable::setQuantity(PRODUCT_ID, (int)$id_product_attribute, (int)QUANTITY, SHOP_ID);

I just simply offer to add error reporting 0 at the beginning of Your custom file

error_reporting(0);

and setting new quantity will work just fine.

Why this way? Cause in bulk/plain/custom file there is no way active language.

It is recommended to setQuantity in cycle where cycle items will be shops ids to set quantity same for all shops.