Disable URL Shop Redirect

Dodiz

Hi, i need to do some tests with prestashop, so i'm using a local based xampp server I can access either from lan or through the internet

The problem is, every time I try to access to my server through external ip, I get redirected to localhost. Since my router does not support nat hairpinning, I can't access my server using external ip WHILE i'm in the same LAN network with the computer hosting the server, so even if I change my shop URL from localhost to "my external ip", I wouldn't be able to access to it from inside my network. While i'm getting a new router with nat hairpinning option, is there a way to disable URLs shop redirects?

Edited by Dodiz (see edit history)

No, We don't think its possible.

PS functionality is totally dependent to the urls defined in the shop_url table. if shop_url is having the entry of localhost then system will redirect the shop to localhost.

As a workaround, You can setup the multistore environment one for localhost & another one using the external IP. If accessing the site from the local network then use localhost URL otherwise IP to access the site. 

Edited by Knowband Plugins
Spelling correction (see edit history)