Image Slider Native Module increases the file size of uploaded images

nik

I am using the image slider addon (ps_image_slider), which comes out of the box with the prestasthop installation.

I have just found out, that for some reason all the image banners, which I am uploading usind the module admin dialog are stored in the filesystem with much larger flie size than the original!

For example, the original file size is 190kb, but the image stored in the filesystem is 500kb. I tried several times with several images. Does anyone have any clue why is this hapenning?

I am running on 1.7.6.4 and image slider 3.0.1 (latest version)

Thanks in advance.

Edited by nik (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
20 hours ago, pierre0986 said:

Hi,

got the same issue.

Did you find any solution?

The thing is, there is some resizing operation when you upload the image. This is core prestashop, or even core php, I don|t remember. But I did not want to touch the core code.
The solution I found is not verz user friendly, but works.

1. First I upload a slide using the module dialog.
  2. Then I check the file server. (e.g cpanel) The uploaded image file gets a weird, long filename automatically. I copy the filename and delete the uploaded image from the fileserver.
  3. I rename my local image file using the copied filename and upload it again, directly on the fileserver, not using the module dialog. The slide works without increasing the filesize, since I did not use the built-in prestashop/php upload mechanism but the one from the fileserver.