Cannot Login to my shop (backend)

Hello Community, 

I am in need of your help. 

I have not accessed my backend in over a year, when. I tried to login today there is a weird thing happening with the login screen. I simply put in my correct credentials, and the credential square goes away and it never takes me to the backend. It does not give me an error, Attached are the pictures. 

Any recommendations? I tried it with two computers and they are both behaving the same way. I am using google chrome. One of them is the first time every accessing this URL.

Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 4.27.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 4.28.21 PM.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Maybe your hosting provider has changed the PHP Version in the meantime and it's not compatible to your (old) Prestashop anymore. Check the version and server error logs. Also try to activate debug mode to see possbile error details

• 3 months later...

Same problem

On 7/10/2020 at 11:30 PM, Abraldes Doors said:

Hello Community, 

I am in need of your help. 

I have not accessed my backend in over a year, when. I tried to login today there is a weird thing happening with the login screen. I simply put in my correct credentials, and the credential square goes away and it never takes me to the backend. It does not give me an error, Attached are the pictures. 

Any recommendations? I tried it with two computers and they are both behaving the same way. I am using google chrome. One of them is the first time every accessing this URL.

Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 4.27.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 4.28.21 PM.png

Exactly same problem after upgrade with 1-click from 1.7.6.8 to 1.7.7.
I have tried to delete cache but still cannot login. Any idea?

Edited by MrGubu (see edit history)

According to available information the upgrade to 7.4 should work but my webohosting does not support at the moment.

I found a solution for PHP 7.3:

There is a problem with constant INTL_IDNA_VARIANT_UTS46 in the file "src/Core/Util/InternationalizedDomainNameConverter.php". It needs to be modified as follows. The constant INTL_IDNA_VARIANT_UTS46 needs to be converted to int type explicitelly by intval() on the line 47.

class InternationalizedDomainNameConverter
{
    /**
     * Convert the host part of the email from punycode to utf8 (e.g,. [email protected] -> email@тест.рф)
     * @param string $email
     * @return string
     */
    public function emailToUtf8(string $email): string
    {
        $parts = explode('@', $email);
        if (count($parts) !== 2) {
            return $email;
        }

return $parts[0] . '@' . idn_to_utf8($parts[1], 0, intval(INTL_IDNA_VARIANT_UTS46));
    }
}

• Like 3

On 12/6/2020 at 12:02 PM, Tomas Brincil said:

According to available information the upgrade to 7.4 should work but my webohosting does not support at the moment.

There is a problem with constant INTL_IDNA_VARIANT_UTS46 in the file "src/Core/Util/InternationalizedDomainNameConverter.php". It needs to be modified as follows. The constant INTL_IDNA_VARIANT_UTS46 needs to be converted to int type explicitelly by intval() on the line 47.

{
    /**
     * Convert the host part of the email from punycode to utf8 (e.g,. [email protected] -> email@тест.рф)
     * @param string $email
     * @return string
     */
    {
            return $email;
        }

return $parts[0] . '@' . idn_to_utf8($parts[1], 0, intval(INTL_IDNA_VARIANT_UTS46));
    }
}

Eureka! It works for me with PHP 7.3.25.
Excelent first post Tomas!! ;)

Edited by MrGubu
mention author (see edit history)

On 12/6/2020 at 8:02 AM, Tomas Brincil said:

{
    /**
     * @param string $email
     * @return string
     */
    {
            return $email;
        }

}
}

NOWWWW IS WORKING!

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/13/2020 at 1:58 AM, enio19 said:

It's better to upgrade to a newer ICU version:
https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/issues/22300

• 3 weeks later...