prevent registration with the same email PS 1.7

Hi,

how can I prevent registration with the same customers email?

I have clients who are unable or do not want to recover the password they have forgotten, so they make a second registration with the same email, I have to prevent this.

Thanks for any reply.

Balla

PS 1.7

Edited by ballashop (see edit history)

On 7/10/2020 at 10:24 PM, PrestaServicePro said:

Ciao,

Se questi clienti non vogliono perdere i loro dati inseriti (durante la registrazione), impostare una nuova password casuale sul proprio account (da BO) e fornire loro la nuova password.

@PrestaServicePro 

Hi, and thanks for replying me, at the moment we would like to prevent customers to make a new registration with the same email. The customers does not always advice us that they cannot log in. Do you know if Prestashop has such an option? Thanks a lot for ant replay.

Edited by ballashop
Traslate in english (see edit history)

When trying to delete the client from BO, the PS offers you 2 options:
1) Allow this e-mail register again.
2) Do not allow this email to register again.

During the deletion process, if you choose the necessity option, they will be able to re-register using the same email. But, some of their previous data will be removed.

Edited by PrestaServicePro (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I'd also like this feature. I'd like like to block new accounts on many levels (email / telephone number / IP address) to prevent duplicate accounts from being made.

We want to offer a significant discount to new members signing up, so we can't have one person sign up 20 times just to get the discount. Are there ways built into Prestashop to prevent one person signing up multiple accounts, or are we going to have to search for a custom module to solve this problem?

Hi @Impasto,

I also thought about this eventuality.
I have assigned 1 use discount voucher per customer email.
If the customer creates other accounts with the same email he cannot use the discount.
Obviously I cannot avoid that the customer signs up with other emails.
There is no check on the customer address.
For me it is enough to know if there is a native Prestashop system to unsubscribe with the same email to customers who already have an account.
It often happened that the customer prefers to re-register instead of requesting the new password.
I'm looking for a system that tells the customer:
"You already have an account with this email, if you have lost your password click here and request it!"

or

"an account with this email already exists"

Thanks for any reply

Is there some way to add another piece of information to be validated against? eg: Email address AND and IP address. This would prevent so much fraud.

I see the value of the validator plugin, but I don't want to manually approve every account application. Purchasing must be as smooth and pain-free as possible. I don't want shoppers sitting with a cart waiting to checkout at 10pm, but can't because I have to approve their account application first (sometime in the morning). We'll lose customers with that hurdle.

39 minutes ago, PrestaServicePro said:

In realtà, per impostazione predefinita PS lo sta facendo. Non consente la registrazione utilizzando la stessa e-mail:

"L'email è già utilizzata, scegline un'altra o accedi"

Qui massimo è possibile modificare questo messaggio di errore e suggerire l'accesso o ripristinare la pagina della password.

Hi @PrestaServicePro

Where I can find this option?

Thanks to reply me.

• 4 months later...

We noticed that a customer who registered as a guest then made a second registration as a customer, PrestaShop has consented to this user to register again with the same email.

is it possible to merge accounts with the same email?

Thanks for any reply.

Balla

• 3 months later...