Cross Selling and Blog Modules

Hi all

I am looking for a couple of modules for my website and thought I would ask here for some recommendations for a cross-selling / upselling module and also a blog module. I have had bad experiences with paid modules / themes in the past with things being really slow and ruining page speed, being buggy or having poor documentation so would be good to hear what everyone else is using. There is also such a large selection of modules it is hard to choose. My website runs on PS 1.7.6.4 and I am using the classic rocket theme.

Firstly, I am looking for a cross selling / up-selling module that will display on the product page, cart page and also in the cart pop-up when something is added to the cart. The products to be displayed would be products that have been input as related products / accessories or products the module chooses automatically from other orders that have bought the same products or same category etc. It would be good to have both options. The module would need to be fast and not slow the website down with too much JS etc. I am already using the native cross-selling module, but it does not display on the cart page / cart pop-up.

Secondly a blog module. It would be important that the blog module does not ruin the site speed and therefore would need to be quite lightweight without too much JS.

What are other people using and what have you had positive experiences with? Are there any modules to avoid?

Cheers

jgriff89