X-cart database transfer

Hi,
Does anyone have any tip on how to transfer the database from X-cart to Prestashop? We have written Prestashop for " tech support" but never receive any answer. We realize it's a " free" software, so undestandably, the tech support will be very limited, but since we have some 2000 items to list, we can't load each one up separatetly, and without being able transfer the database, we'll probably have better look for another cart (unfortunately, since we have the impression that the prestashop is a very good one).
We tried to export import the database as " csv file" but it does not show up OK. Any help or tip, is most welcome.

Thanks,

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going to be looking into this shortly. Have a bunch of X-Carts that need a migration doing so will let you know how I get on. I probably won't develop a tool but rather work out what to put where in PHP myAdmin and move across, assuming it'll work ok...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Are you trying to transfer only products or everything from xcart to prestashop? If it is just products I can show you how do it?..

regards,

Hi all,

I`m new here and I`m begginer with PrestaShop.

I want to import all or even products from X-cart to PrestaShop.

Can you help me to import even products?

• 1 month later...

I am also interested in migrating all my product data and categories if possible from X Cart to Prestashop.

Would it be possible to find out a way of importing all our customer details into Prestashop too with login passwords aswell or would that really be a complex issue?

Any helps much appreciated in advance,

Jeremy.

• 5 months later...

Has anybody had any luck exporting products from Xcart to Prestashop? I am able to do the product export from Xcart and import that into Prestashop, but it's not correct. The values are all in the wrong places or all the info comes up empty. I'm wondering if someone can help me figure out how to do this export/import correctly. Thanks so much!

Holly

No one's found a way to do this effectively? Would love to be able to just import products, so I don't have to spend the time inputting all the items myself or pay someone else to do it.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Holly

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Are you trying to transfer only products or everything from xcart to prestashop? If it is just products I can show you how do it?..

regards,

Did anyone get to speak to Bhagu to see what was involved for X-Cart to Prestashop? Something Im starting to look at and would be interested how far people got.

I realise there is the cart2cart solution but would prefer something so can pull regular test data over whilst we are evaluating and testing our development of Prestashop.

Cheers

• 8 years later...