Instant Checkout- ISNT WORKING

gamejacker

Just upgraded to the latest version of prestashop, and to be honest i only upgraded to get the guest checkout or one page checkout as all i offer is downloadable software,
so after updating and then literally spending 45 mins tryng to find out how to enable the single page and guest check out page, (seriously i thought you would be explaining in neon lights where the function is)

so now i thought i will go and test the guest/one page checkout

it seems it doesnt work :S , i go down to New Customer just below Instant Checkout

then i see my green button Checkout as guest...i click it....nothing happens so whats wrong? the whole idea is that as a a guest you dont need to register but as far as i know nothing is happening
one more thing how to i totally get rid of the darn address section as i offer nothing only downloads, seems superfluous to my needs and would like it removed

so, as for my sole reason of upgrading can anyone explain if i am doing anything wrong? or do i have to seive the forums vasts amount of info before i read something ?

It seems the problem is not with Prestashop 1.4's instant checkout function, but your files on the server.

Clicking "checkout as guest" should work accordingly if you are using the full 1.4 package.
Perhaps you are using a theme for an older version?

gamejacker - if you keep abusing people who are trying to help and do not respect the rules of the forum, you will be banned.

whatever, you must however realise how frustrating this forum is with the total lack of any support from the prestashop team and then somebody posts the obvious, take a look over the whole place, you see abandoned requests littering it, why? because they gave up or their posts were moderated

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Are you using any custom thems ? try to delete your tpl with *ocp* in name and put there tpl files from default prestashop dir.

We had a problem just like you - after you copy the files remember to delete the compile, cache folder in tools/smarty.

Edited by miodek (see edit history)