How can I change an order that has been already placed?

antoniobenthos

Got a last minute call today, a customer wanted to add another product to his order, and because he choose COD as a payment method, we can do it. But I cannot find the way...

It also can happen that after a customer places an order, we get information from our supplier that the product is not available (we do not stock in our shop, is kinda dropshipping).

I cannot find anyway to do it from the basic Prestashop Back Office.

TIA

I don't understand your question.
Orders are changed in the order detail administration.
When it is not in stock, you change the status of the order to be out of stock.

The case was that a customer ordered 1 kg of banana, but then he wanted to modify his order and he decided to call us. Because he couldn't do it from his user interface. So we said "ok, no problem". But we saw that there is no option to change the amount of bananas once the order is placed.

You said from the order detail administration, where exactly?

About the stock I know. But we sell third party products, we deal with 40 different suppliers every day, and more than 200 products. It didn't happen yet, but I know it will. One day the same client will order bananas and by the time the fruit order from the whole seller will arrive, it will be no bananas without previous notice. So we have to be able to modify the order and drop the amount to zero.

Basically, I want to access the orders and modify them as I want, in case I need to.

Open ./js/admin/orders.js

1. find

if ($(this).closest('tr.product-line-row').find('td .edit_product_quantity').val() <= 0)

replace to:

if ($(this).closest('tr.product-line-row').find('td .edit_product_quantity').val() <= -1)

2. find

if ($(this).closest('tr.product-line-row').find('td .edit_product_price').val() <= 0)

replace to:

if ($(this).closest('tr.product-line-row').find('td .edit_product_price').val() <= -1)

3. save orders.js

4. refresh order detail page

5. change product quantity = 0

6. click update button

7. done

I see what is happeninig. Most of my orders choose COD as a payment method. We are doing local groceries delivery.

If that option is choosen the order is closed and cannot be modified, don know why. But if the client chooses bank transfer then is ok I can do those changes, like in your screenshots

Ah, this will need to modify the COD module so that it does not mark the order as completed.

Just create a new order status and change the status in the order detail.
Then it will be possible to change the order.

No, it doesn't. I tried several options of status and still not accepting changes.

It probably needs to access the  COD module to modify that.

I guess, the only solution from now will be to cancel the order and make a new one from the Back Ofiice with the modifications.