Additional Paypal Fees

Luca

Hi  everyone, on my shop I had Paypal as payment method and I want to add 4 € of additional fees on paypal to push credit card.

I used official the paypal module but I can't find the correct way to add an additional fees on any payment method.

Could someone know how to add these additional fees?

Thanks

My prestashop version is 1.7.6.X

Hello Luca,

it would be better if you don't, cause it's forbidden by PayPal terms of condition adding a fee to their payment method

Here's an extract of what you can find on their User Agreement page:

No surcharges

You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.

So don't! 😉

Instead, try to make you customer feel safe and secure buying from you by reassuring them with what your website offers in terms of security and assistance (ex. SSL protection, RMA, fast shipping, customer service). Anyway, if you feel like PayPal asks too much, you can increase the price of the item on the website, but make it the same for every kind of payment they can choose.

Have a nice day!

Thanks so much for you asnwer! Ok I understood I don't have ☺️ I will play with the product price and maybe I will invent some additional service linked to payment method 🙃

Bu tI am interested in some module as the one El Patron linked abowe : https://addons.prestashop.com/en/other-payment-methods/31354-additional-payment-fees.html

are some ones free? and maybe that I can modify?