HTTP Error 500 when loading login page fpr Prestashop back shop

Wullie

Hello,

I have a problem.

I tried to load the login page for Prestashop back office and get HTTP ERROR 500.

My website is working fine but I simply can't login to back office.

I now can't login to back office but I have access to cPanel.

Please, can anyone help?

The error is:

[21-Jun-2020 16:45:13 UTC] PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/home/bigwullie/public_html/var/cache/prod/Container9mkpjeg/removed-ids.php' (include_path='/home/bigwullie/public_html/vendor/pear/pear_exception:/home/bigwullie/public_html/vendor/pear/console_getopt:/home/bigwullie/public_html/vendor/pear/pear-core-minimal/src:/home/bigwullie/public_html/vendor/pear/archive_tar:.:/opt/alt/php72/usr/share/pear') in /home/bigwullie/public_html/var/cache/prod/Container9mkpjeg/appProdProjectContainer.php on line 1614

Thanks in advance

Wullie

Wullie, whats your Prestashop version?

It's obvious the issue is on cache plate. Not sure if deleting everything inside /cache should improve the situation.

I was looking in google for "clean prestashop cache manually", but I need your version to be sure nothing gets broken :) 

Edited by Php Ninja (see edit history)

The website actually works fine....just lost access to back office. I'm a newbie and I think I have 3 choices

1) Research and resolve the issue.

2) Try rollong back, I think, the /var/cache using Jetbackup

3) I have another Prestashop almost identical...I thought as a last resort...just delete the whole website and import the files from the almost identical site using "softaculous". I really don't want to have to do that though.

Any help is much appreciated because I'm now reading up on PHP. I have found there are 2 commands "include" and "require" and the issue appears to be "required" related.

Edited by Wullie (see edit history)

This file /home/bigwullie/public_html/var/cache/prod/Container9mkpjeg/removed-ids.php

doesn't exist.

/home/bigwullie/public_html/var/cache/prod/Container9mkpjeg/appProdProjectContainer.php on line 1614 is trying to include it, but it fails.

One way could be deleting everything inside /prod and /dev, but it's dangerous to recommend that with knowing close to nothing about your system.

1- ENABLE DEBUG MODE,  “config/defines.inc.php” file and open it and find the following code:

if (!defined('_PS_MODE_DEV_')) {

define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', TRUE);

}

Save and try to visit your backoffice. Any change?

Edited by Php Ninja (see edit history)

Thanks PHP Ninja,

You were correct.

Amazingly, I also found the solution in Prestashop forum via Google...."White page in Prestashop".

Surprisingly, as a newbie, I even found "removed-ids.php" on line 1614 as per the error log.

I'll carry on reading up on PHP as I guess it will do no harm to gain some knowledge.

If anyone is interested:

https://www.w3schools.com/php/php_intro.asp

Every day's a school day.

Many thanks again.

Wullie