How to show contact form contact in the same order as in parameters>contact in b/o

Frevab

I have a problem with spam received/sent through contact form.

I remember in the olders version (1.4 if I remember correctly) that a simple solution was to create a blanc contact in the paramaters>contact list and have this shown in the drop down list as #1.

Now I have PS 1.7 and the contact form is sorted in a random way and nothing like the contact in the parameters.

How (and where)  do I change the contact form code so that it copies the exact rang order of the set parameters?

Knipsel.JPG

Knipsel3.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

I have 2 shops: one is on PS 1.6.1.24 and when I look at the contact form it shows -- choose --  as a default subject (email to). This webshop does not have any problem with spam use of the contact form.

afbeelding.png.f264895079bfa9771b76f214877a7bf0.png

The other shop is on PS 1.7.2.4 and with this contact form it has no the -- choose -- as a default anymore. This webshop has daily 20-30 spam emails using the contact form because the default "subject" setting is one of the addresses set (customer service) in the back office shop in settings>contact.

afbeelding.png.715121f2f4fdebc080f4b7c841065d0a.png

How do I get this --choose-- setting used in PS 1.6 to the shop 1.7.  Now I have deleted all email address and added a default text in de message body saying people can only send a message using our email address and not the contact form just to stop the spam emails.

Why was this functional layout in 1.6 taken out of 1.7 ?   It was an easy way to prevent spam.

afbeelding.png

afbeelding.png

Edited by Frevab (see edit history)