Header & menu issues

Hi,

Prestashop version: 1.7.6.5
Theme: classic

Ive been trying to get the header and menu in an acceptable way for days now, but with no smarty knowledge this is proving to be impossible. So I've given up on the ideas I had, and now just am trying to get the classic menu and header work. But I can't seem to figure it out, I hope somebody here can help out.

1. The padding is off. Ive been changing it in the past, but done so in either custom.css or a child theme, and tried to change it now in custom.css but it doesn't do anything. Why?
  2. The menu dropdown shows as a row instead of a list, which doesn't look good and useful at all. Somebody knows how to change this?
  3. Menu disappears when on tablet mode, and also the padding in mobile mode is off.
  4. How to make the menu appear in the center (seen from top to bottom) of the header, instead of on the top? Looks weird.
  5. How to change the lettertype and color of the menu? Without loosing this editing when the module is updated...  
  6. Bonus: if anybody knows how to make the header sticky.....

Thanks for any answers. I'm kind of getting desperate here. Tried installing a toggle menu using simple html, but simple html isn't simple in Prestashop :(

Eelste

Edited by eelste (see edit history)