Category pages have error 500 after upgrade from 1.6.1.20 to 1.6.1.24

madmartian

I wouldn't think upgrading from 1.6.1.20 to 1.6.1.24 would be a big deal, but it broke all my category pages. Everything except the homepage gets an error 500.

This is not the same as other folks reporting this problem with a 404 error. I am not using an SEO module that removes the category number. My category pages aren't missing - they are generating a 500 error, not 404. Product pages work fine - this only affects the category pages.

Note that I can see all the categories in the back office just fine.

I am using the default prestashop theme. Configuration of top menu looks normal. I tried adding an existing subcategory to the top menu and that link also failed with a 500 error.

I also tried disabling and re-enabling friendly URLs and clearing the cache under Performance. No change.

Edited by madmartian (see edit history)

Notice: Undefined property: CategoryController::$objectPresenter in /home/wjf90ljtxjte/public_html/shop/controllers/front/listing/CategoryController.php on line 186

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function present() on null in /home/wjf90ljtxjte/public_html/shop/controllers/front/listing/CategoryController.php:186 Stack trace: #0 /home/wjf90ljtxjte/public_html/shop/controllers/front/listing/CategoryController.php(103): CategoryControllerCore->getTemplateVarCategory() #1 /home/wjf90ljtxjte/public_html/shop/classes/controller/Controller.php(170): CategoryControllerCore->init() #2 /home/wjf90ljtxjte/public_html/shop/classes/Dispatcher.php(367): ControllerCore->run() #3 /home/wjf90ljtxjte/public_html/shop/index.php(28): DispatcherCore->dispatch() #4 {main} thrown in /home/wjf90ljtxjte/public_html/shop/controllers/front/listing/CategoryController.php on line 186

Note that line 186 in that file is:

$category = $this->objectPresenter->present($this->category);

Edited by madmartian (see edit history)

So apparently that file was left over from my failed 1.7 upgrade attempt and deleting the file was the solution. Categories are working again. Is there a list somewhere on other files I should delete after a failed 1.7 upgrade attempt? I already deleted the files to fix modules (ps_ etc), but apparently that list was not complete.