no access to backend on new installation with original .htaccess

I am using prestashop 1.7.6.4 and did a new installation on a MySQL-Version5.6.45-86.1 and PHP-Version7.4.5. During the installation there was no error reportet. With the original created .htaccess I have no access to the backend. It shows only a white page. If I am deleting

"<IfModule mod_negotiation.c>
    Options -MultiViews
</IfModule>"

I can login to the backend. But in the backend I am not able to save any slider changes like disable Apache-Option MultiViews or activation of SSL. Another problem I am encounter is the fact that all selection menues are already full visible like the forward to the canonical URL (all options : no redirect, 301 and 302 are visible).

Does anybody know how to fix it?

On 5/19/2020 at 10:09 PM, jarnold said:

PHP-Version7.4.5

Prestashop is only compatible up tp PHP 7.2. - you need to downgrade

On 5/19/2020 at 10:09 PM, jarnold said:

prestashop 1.7.6.4

Why not using the latest version 1.7.6.5. - this has critical security fixes included

• Like 1

Prestashop is only compatible up tp PHP 7.2. - you need to downgrade

I can only downgrade to 7.3. with the same result as my hoster is only going so far back. He has a own Prestashop installer and promisses the hosting is optimized for Prestashop but the Version is only 1.7.1

Why not using the latest version 1.7.6.5. - this has critical security fixes included

As I have started to configure my store, 1.7.6.4 was the lastes version. As a test I installed a clean 1.7.6.5. with the same errors. So I do not want to waste time for upgrading.