Carrier restriction with same carrier name

Verlonimo

Hi,

Seems there is a bug with carrier restriction if carriers have same name.

To reproduce:

1. Create 2 carries with same name.

2. Go to payment->preferences->carrier restrictions tab

Issue: Only one of the carriers will be shown.

3. Modify one of the carriers name.

4. Both carriers are shown.

Anyone can reproduce it?

Thanks

• 3 months later...

To be honest I really hope it doesn't get flagged as an issue and fixed or anything.

This specific case has led me to have much more accurate shipping.

It shows the customer with only one shipping carrier at checkout while still leveraging a few shipping costs for different categories behind the scene

On 8/30/2020 at 11:01 AM, Matt75 said:

Yeah I'll need to find a different solution anyhow, this is a way that i used to override prestashop missing functionality such as category shipping prices  (which helps with flat rate shipping for dropshipping services)

this makes each order split into 2, sends only one wrong invoice to the customer and asks for additional payment, tons of problems.

i don't think i'll get to see 1.7.7, for me this is a deal breaker, i get this functionality for free in other ecommerce opensource software

thanks.

@pixelicous I thinks you are talking about another subject : multi shipping 

Multi shipping was introduced in PrestaShop 1.5 but removed (partially) in 1.6 due to recurring malfunctions.

Order split for example is a legacy of multi shipping not removed from source code.

You can find some informations here : https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/issues/15491 or search with multi shipping / multi carrier keywords

This is not specified and planned yet so you will not getting free solution before months honestly

@Matt75 Thanks for the reply mat.

I'll reduce the numbers for simplicity sake.

Let's say i have two product types.

Pants, Shirts

I created a carrier per product type with different pricing but with the exact same name.

Let's say a customer bought a pant and a shirt, 30$ each, while 1 shipping is 5$ and the other is 6$

The customer will actually pay the whole thing (71$), he will get a paypal receipt for the whole thing, but the prestashop invoice only for 35$, although he paid for the whole thing, as soon as you approve the other splitted order he will receive an invoice for the other 36$.

This happens because at checkout the user can only pick one shipping category, so it's like he isn't paying for the other shipping and the software asks me what the user should do because he needs to pay more (and i get a wrong price displayed in the backoffice)

Anyhow, a real problematic BUG, this completely hindered my work on my shop now until i can find a real solution, i cant be sending invoice * amount of product types the user purchased

Regarding solution - I'm looking for a paid solution but if i won't find i already found a free solution, just not for presta unfortunately

Yes I know, problem is in core source code, order are splits before payment module is called... so module developers cannot handle that well...

I’ve opened an issue here https://github.com/PrestaShop/docs/issues/508

I know paid solution exist for PrestaShop but I never tested it.

I thinks this require custom development to handle your needs.

@Matt75 Thanks again, tomorrow I'll be going to start deployment of woocommerce

It seems that it has this PLUS live shipping rates for all big dropshipping companies free out of the box..

I really wanted to use prestashop, and of course the last thing i want to do is start from scratch, but i have no other option :(

Edited by pixelicous (see edit history)

@pixelicous in fact it depends of your skills and/or your budget.

if you’re not a developer maybe woocommerce is more interesting for multi shipping (I don’t know for this feature)

if you’re developer and you know your needs you can do great stuff with PrestaShop too but multishipping should be implemented by yourself currently