Prestashop 1.7 - Faceted search in search results

asterisco

Hello. Do you know if there is a way to add the faceted search to the search results returned when using the search bar?

Is completely unacceptable that the look and feel and usability to navigate a category is so differente form the one when searching for objects.

Any help is welcomed here.

Thanks

Hi,

go to BO> Design> Theme and logo > Layout.   and there change the layout of search page to "two column - small left column....." 

after that the facet search will appear on the search page as same as the category page.

Regards  

1 hour ago, luishuaymana said:

debes siempre indexar

Hola, Luis. I'll stick to English to keep this topic in its language.

You're answer is not related with my issue. As I told SMTmardan, I've already indexed the items, but that doesn't change the fact that search results dont't have faceted search working as expected.

Any idea? Any online store that is currently doing that so I can see a working example?

Thanks anyway  

please can you turn on the left pane for search page, and leave it as until i check it. 

there are just three things to make it work.

1. the layout changing to left column for search page (i already told u)

2. rebuild or re index search items.

3. make sure PS facet module is not hidden (css) on search page.

also go to facet module and see if there is filter settings for search page.

turn the layout  on for search, leave a confirmation message to me, and i will see how it look like or what is wrong with it.

unfortunately the theme (classic native) does not support this, what you can do that you can simply buy "Amazing filter" module (or there are lot of  but i like this one) and then you can enable and disable left column filters on all the pages, via this module, the PS facet module should be disable then.

Regards  

Hi. I really appreciate your help, but this is not related to the theme. I believe the native PS Faceted Search doesn't work in Search results. That's why I asked you in the first place if you know a live store that has tha up and running.

I don't want to but a module for this, so I think I'll just leave the search results as they are, even though I really believe this is a huge PS fail.

Thanks again for your help

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2020 at 1:58 AM, SMTmardan said:

unfortunately the theme (classic native) does not support this, what you can do that you can simply buy "Amazing filter" module (or there are lot of  but i like this one) and then you can enable and disable left column filters on all the pages, via this module, the PS facet module should be disable then.

Regards  

Hi, I have this exact problem: cannot enable the faceted search module on the search results page. I've followed your steps (search result layout changed to two columns, small left column and rebuilt everything) but What I see is exactly what I had before (I've only been able to put the menu on the left column):

https://www.jollyrogerbay.it/shop/ricerca?controller=search&orderby=position&orderway=desc&ssa_submit=&search_query=fifa

I use the basic PrestaShop theme (cause it's really clear and functional, so I don''t want to change it) and in the hook section, the faceted search is installed on the display left column hook, but again: nothing appears in my search result page. 

Do you know a way to put it without buying a Module for this?

Do you want to filter in filtered?
Search is basically a filter and the filtered items appear in a list.
Then you want to filter the searched items by another filter?
It is not possible without a third party module!

Be aware that Prestashop gives you an open system with basic functions.

Edited by WebSoft (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, WebSoft said:

Do you want to filter in filtered?
Search is basically a filter and the filtered items appear in a list.

You are presenting this as a fancy request. But what we are waiting is what every ecommerce page has in the world: "search by word, then apply filters to refine the search".

Yes, it is understandable and logical. Unfortunately, Prestashop developers are changing faster than we can change socks.
The once well-thought-out open system is now closed. There is no exact documentation because the left hand does not know what the right is doing.
That's it.
If you have the option to switch to another system that has logical functions, do not stay with Prestashop. So much for my knowledge and my personal opinion.

You are totally missing the point here. I feel that your defending yourself from a non-existing attack.

We were asking for a feature. Feature doesn't exist? That's fine. Either we pay for a solution, either we develop one ourselves, either we move to another platform.

I've noticed in your first answer that you were suggesting that "searching inside a search" was a weird requirement. I've just noticed that is a totally normal requirement, since every ecommerce web page has it.

So replying "Unfortunately, there is no feature like that in the free faceted search module" is a great answer. "If you don't like it, leave Prestashop" I believe is unnecesary rude.

Thanks anyway for your support.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

HI! I have a similar problem with the module Amazzing Filter.  I've followed every steps:

1. Search result layout and module-deotemplate-advancedsearch layout changed to two columns, small left column and rebuilt everything.

2. Activate de Filter in the Search Page in the Amazing Filter Module.

3. Index everything.

It doesn't work, the filter column does not appear on the search page. Does anyone know what to do?

thank you so much!

On 2/13/2024 at 10:14 PM, FranLi said:

HI! I have a similar problem with the module Amazzing Filter.  I've followed every steps:

1. Search result layout and module-deotemplate-advancedsearch layout changed to two columns, small left column and rebuilt everything.

2. Activate de Filter in the Search Page in the Amazing Filter Module.

3. Index everything.

It doesn't work, the filter column does not appear on the search page. Does anyone know what to do?

thank you so much!

cleared cache?