No Order Created After Completing Payment with Payfast

Newbie here. Please help!

I have installed the Prestashop 1.7.6.5 and added the module Payfast 1.7 from the Payfast Website. 

the problem i have is when after a customer goes through the checkout process and selects payfast as the payment method. Then they are directed to the payfast website to complete the payment. Upon completion of the payment they are redirected back to the online store only to see  "you have not placed any orders". There is no order created on the website! The shopping is also not updated and there is no record of the order in the back office. This problem happens on both test mode and live mode. 

I have tried to change permissions on the relevant files as according to the payfast website, but the problem still exists. 

I have received the following error in the error logs. 

PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required '/config/config.inc.php' (include_path='/home/lailavik/public_html/vendor/pear/pear_exception:/home/lailavik/public_html/vendor/pear/console_getopt:/home/lailavik/public_html/vendor/pear/pear-core-minimal/src:/home/lailavik/public_html/vendor/pear/archive_tar:.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/usr/share/pear') in /home/lailavik/public_html/modules/payfast/controllers/front/validation.php on line 30

I have spent so much time on this website but am now stuck on the last stage. Please can someone help. 

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi Sifosman, did you get a solution to this problem?

As I wrote this, I realised I was in maintenance mode, but with my IP listed to show and transact. However, only once I made the shop live could the validation be done and the transaction now went through without issues.

Edited by Jaxon (see edit history)