Shipping cost based on weight or volume

crash11

Hello I use prestashop 1.7.6, is there any solution for calculate the shipping cost based on weight or volume?

If the weight is greater than volume (weight>volume) then calculate based on weight

If the volume is greater than weight (volume>weight) then calculate based on volume

Hi, it depends on what you mean by weight. If you setup a carrier you can specify weight ranges, so yes that is possible but if you're wanting to calculate a shipping price based on the exact weight, then no, not with Prestashop core behavior. You need to modify the code or install a Module that supports that. 

Edited by jetway (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello :)

Just saw your request by coincidence. ;)

I have been looking for the same request! But since I (we, it will be my son's shop) are not yet ready to start, there has been no possibility until today to test this one:

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/shipping-carriers/48685-ship-in-3d.html#seller

A few weeks ago, I had very interesting mail converations with the editor of tihs module. And as soon as we will start, I think that we will go for it!

Hope this may help you.

Kind regards :)

Edited by Jean Gangolf (see edit history)

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, ScottC613 said:

So it looks like someone finally developed a module to deal with Dimensional weight shipping or volumetric shipping.  been fighting with this for a long time.  figured even though this is an old post someone might find this useful.

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/shipping-costs/8827-dimensional-weight.html

I haven't checked for 1.7. But I once checked for 1.6 and there were four of five such modules.