Migration from 1.5.4.1 to 1.7....

Hello,

I have a challenging project to upgrade website currently running version PrestaShop 1.5.4.1 with StoreCommander 1.3.4  over PHP 5.6 and mySQL 5.7.

Ideally, I would like to end with latest PS 1.7 and StoreCommander (compatible with PS 1.7.6) over PHP 7.4.

I'm looking for an informed plan respecting compatibilities between versions to move up with updates of different pieces. Are there any issues with database tables when updating PS majors versions and at what version it happens? 

Already, I know that moving to PHP 7.0 first does not work PS.

Then, should I first upgrade PS each version step by step? What highest PS version still work with PHP 5.6 and would be compatible with PHP 7.0 when I switch to it?

Which highest PHP version still compatible with PS 1.7? What PHP version I shouldn't move to and avoid issues with PS?

For those who know StoreCommander, do I need any major steps updating from 1.3.4 to the latest? Are there any intermediary versions mandatory to maintain compatibility?

I thanks everyone for your recommendations to set up my migration plan.

8 hours ago, Atout said:

Hello,

I have a challenging project to upgrade website currently running version PrestaShop 1.5.4.1 with StoreCommander 1.3.4  over PHP 5.6 and mySQL 5.7.

Ideally, I would like to end with latest PS 1.7 and StoreCommander (compatible with PS 1.7.6) over PHP 7.4.

I'm looking for an informed plan respecting compatibilities between versions to move up with updates of different pieces. Are there any issues with database tables when updating PS majors versions and at what version it happens? 

Already, I know that moving to PHP 7.0 first does not work PS.

Then, should I first upgrade PS each version step by step? What highest PS version still work with PHP 5.6 and would be compatible with PHP 7.0 when I switch to it?

Which highest PHP version still compatible with PS 1.7? What PHP version I shouldn't move to and avoid issues with PS?

For those who know StoreCommander, do I need any major steps updating from 1.3.4 to the latest? Are there any intermediary versions mandatory to maintain compatibility?

I thanks everyone for your recommendations to set up my migration plan.

Hello there,

Hope you are doing well.

We will provide you well informed plan, please let us know how can we proceed.

Thanks!!