Product Condition not updaing from "New" in Front Office

sc_prestasite

Hello, I am unable to even change product condition in the front office from "New" to any other condition when I update it in the back office for a product.  The change is simply not being reflected in the front office.  Please note this is a new installation on my local computer / Windows 7 Pro for testing.  The version I used is prestashop 1.7.6.5.  I created a new installation using version 1.7.6.2 and I am experiencing the same issue. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

What's on the frontend? Still new?

Please delete your cache (var/cache/[your environment] and check the database table "[your prefix]_product" and the column "condition" to see if it is stored in the database. 

15 hours ago, riu said:

What's on the frontend? Still new?

Please delete your cache (var/cache/[your environment] and check the database table "[your prefix]_product" and the column "condition" to see if it is stored in the database. 

Thanks for the reply.  Yes in the front end, the images are displayed with "New" on the top left.

I deleted the cache as you directed and now I noticed in the Product Details section of the Product page the condition is updated/displayed accordingly. However, is there a way for the condition status embedded in the image to also change from "New" to "used" or "refurbished'?

Images are attached.

product_listing.png

image2.png

You are mixing up two different prestashop functionalities. A product has a condition (new/ refurbished/...), which as you can see in your screenshot is getting display on the product page. In the product listing page, the "New" does not display your product condition. It displays, that a product is new in the store. You can configure this in the backoffice under settings -> shop settings -> products. In the general block you can see that there you can set the number of days a product is getting display as new on the product listing page after you have created it in your shop. 

When you want to display the product condition on the product listing page, instead of the "New" label you can see right now, you must have a little developing skills/ php knowledge. Open the .tpl file of the product-listing page and adapt the code.

8 hours ago, riu said:

You are mixing up two different prestashop functionalities. A product has a condition (new/ refurbished/...), which as you can see in your screenshot is getting display on the product page. In the product listing page, the "New" does not display your product condition. It displays, that a product is new in the store. You can configure this in the backoffice under settings -> shop settings -> products. In the general block you can see that there you can set the number of days a product is getting display as new on the product listing page after you have created it in your shop. 

When you want to display the product condition on the product listing page, instead of the "New" label you can see right now, you must have a little developing skills/ php knowledge. Open the .tpl file of the product-listing page and adapt the code.

I was on the wrong path indeed; I misinterpreted what "new" in the image represented. Anyway I was able to remove following the steps you stated.  At a later time I will probably explore adding product condition to product listing page but it is not a priority at the moment.

Appreciate the timely response and much thanks again!