Multiple Payment / Use voucher as payment method

Hello PS community, 

I'm looking for a module(s) that must have these 2 functionalities...

1. Uses vouchers as payment method.

So i'm working for a company that generated, for example, 100 vouchers of 20€, 1 use only and no other exceptions, so the problem is.. if I use them as the "traditional way" (normal discount codes) this codes could generate orders of 0.00€ resulting in picking and billing problems after integrating with the system.

My idea is to create a payment method where the client rendeem the voucher and use it as a credit card or paypal.

2. Permit multiple payment methods.

If I find a solution to the first problem I must have a module that permits multiple payment options for the remaining amount.

Hope i've been clear.

Thank you for your attention.

Regards,

• 1 year later...

Hi ComGrafPL,

Thank you for your reply. The point is that we don't want vouchers to work as discounts. We have b2b customers that want to buy vouchers in bulk and use them as gifts for their clients. In order to comply with local regulations, when a customer redeems one of these vouchers, we have to generate an invoice including the real value of products without discounts. That is the reason why the voucher needs to work as a payment method.

It is the same system used by Amazon and big physical big stores when you reedem a gift card.

Regards,

• 6 months later...
On 11/19/2021 at 9:25 AM, jaermula said:

Hi ComGrafPL,

Thank you for your reply. The point is that we don't want vouchers to work as discounts. We have b2b customers that want to buy vouchers in bulk and use them as gifts for their clients. In order to comply with local regulations, when a customer redeems one of these vouchers, we have to generate an invoice including the real value of products without discounts. That is the reason why the voucher needs to work as a payment method.

It is the same system used by Amazon and big physical big stores when you reedem a gift card.

Regards,

Hi Jarmula, 

Sorry for the late reply. Unfortunatly no direct solution. 

We had to "fake" the voucher as payment method when generating an invoice and customize the vouchers module we use. A little painfull :'D

But yeah that's exactly the problem we have/had

Let me know if you need any help.

kr,  

On 6/3/2022 at 1:26 PM, LazyCircles said:

We had to "fake" the voucher as payment method when generating an invoice and customize the vouchers module we use. A little painfull :'D

Hi 🙂
- what module and how did you fake it?

On 6/10/2022 at 1:15 PM, onklmaps said:

Hi 🙂
- what module and how did you fake it?

The module we use for coupons is awo coupon we have been working with it for a pretty long time it has some cool features though we are running an old version :)

We have implemented something like this: 

1. The user applies the voucher (we have it configured as a gift certificate) and goes through the checkout process, everything normal here. 

2. When we generate the invoice we don't discount the voucher, we print the invoice with the total of the order and add the voucher as a payment method.

3. Then the financial dpt. consolidates the invoices with the seller account.

• 1 year later...
On 6/13/2022 at 4:34 AM, LazyCircles said:

The module we use for coupons is awo coupon we have been working with it for a pretty long time it has some cool features though we are running an old version :)

We have implemented something like this: 

1. The user applies the voucher (we have it configured as a gift certificate) and goes through the checkout process, everything normal here. 

2. When we generate the invoice we don't discount the voucher, we print the invoice with the total of the order and add the voucher as a payment method.

3. Then the financial dpt. consolidates the invoices with the seller account.

1. Firstly, thanks for sharing your approach. I'm curious about how AWO Coupon has been working with PrestaShop 8.0.4 - have you upgraded to this version, and if so, has it integrated well with the AWO Coupon module?

2. In the new PrestaShop version, did you encounter any issues with the voucher system or the invoicing method you described? Or was the transition smooth?

3. Did you need to make any changes to your process or the AWO Coupon configuration when upgrading to PrestaShop 8.0.4?

4. Have you noticed any new features or improvements in PrestaShop 8.0.4 that enhance or simplify your use of AWO Coupon?

5. Lastly, would you recommend others using AWO Coupon to upgrade to PrestaShop 8.0.4? Why or why not?