Prestashop 1.7.6.4 - Unable to complete installation

Hi everyone, i've been trying to install prestashop 1.7.6.4 on a dedicated VPS but i'm stuck. I've done this not so long ago with success on my local machine.

Some info:

• WebServer: Apache 2.4
  • PHP Type: Apache Module
  • PHP Version 7.1.30
  • I've enabled all requiered extensions as specified by phppsinfo.php
  • I've configured PHP following phppsinfo.php guidelines.
  • Directories are writable

I'm using dev mode.

1. First of all i have unzipped prestashop manually and tried installing as usual with domain.com/<prestafolder>/install.
  2. I have followed every step in the configuration, that is, set the shop's and DB information with success.
  3. When the time comes to install sometimes it fails at 0%, sometimes at 12%, 23%(the maximum i could get was 64% at 'Installing module addons')

Everytime it fails it just shows '1. HTTP 0 - error':

Se ha producido un error durante la instalación...

Puede utilizar los enlaces que se encuentran en la columna de la izquierda para volver a los pasos anteriores, o también reiniciar el proceso de instalación haciendo clic aquí.

1. 1: HTTP 0 - error -

Can somebody give a hint of what am i doing wrong?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by NFORLA
more info (see edit history)

On 5/9/2020 at 8:48 AM, Rhobur said:

Checking the server logs, apache or nginx, might help with identifying the issues.

Hi @Rhobur, thanks for the answer.

The thing is that Apache doesn't display any errors (in logs/errors.log and php_errors.log ) related to this.

I've also checked the mysql server logs and nothing, PrestaShop log folder is empty.

Is there any other place i should check?

It just stops at 12% and with '1: HTTP 0 - error -'(img attached).

err.png

• 2 months later...

I have this exact same error. I can't get past 12% before I get a 500 error in database table creation.
I am running Windows Server 2008 with IIS 7.
Php 7.4.5
MySQL 8.0.20
Prestashop 1.7.6.4

I made sure everything needed was installed and configured, and checked all file and folder permissions. I can log into the database fine with phpMyAdmin. I've been trying to install this for 2 months now and it's been nothing but a headache.

prestashoperror.jpg

Well, I finally solved the problem. I tried the install directly on the server itself and was able to get a more detailed error message. It was a timeout problem with FastCGI. I increased the timeout to 600 and the install completed.

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to upgrade to 1.7.6.7 using one-click upgrade and it crashed and made my site inoperable. Good thing I didn't have any data in it yet. I wiped the database again, deleted all my Prestashop, and did a fresh install of 1.7.6.7 and it's fine. 

• 2 weeks later...

I had this issue as well. I kept getting a 504 gateway timeout 12% in while creating database tables. Ubuntu 18.04 server, using nginx and mysql/mariadb. I Got passed that stage by adding " fastcgi_read_timeout 240;" to my nginx.conf and increased the "keepalive_timeout". Adjust this numbers to your requirements. If you make them something ridiculously high, might want to bump them back down later.

• 3 weeks later...

1.php.ini

max_execution_time = 0
memory_limit = 2G

restart your php 😀

2./etc/apache2/extra/httpd-default.conf

Timeout 3600
KeepAliveTimeout 50
<IfModule reqtimeout_module>
  RequestReadTimeout header=0,MinRate=500 body=0,MinRate=500
</IfModule>

restart your apache2 😀