Prestashop 1.7.6 Stock Problems?

DDD

Hi,

I can't understand how Prestashop 1.7.6 is supposed to handle stock in a good way. I get constant errors and strange behaviours from Prestashop.

Let my give you an example.

I create a new product with combinations. None of these are on stock yet, but they are available to be ordered. See pic 1 and 11.

Then I get an order for one unit. According to the Stocks page I now suddenly have 1 unit in stock, 1 unit reserved and 0 available. On the product page I have 0 stock, 0 available. See pictures 2 and 22.

The customer get a message saying Out of Stock. Order status is Out of Stock.

I then get my indelivery with 1 unit. I report this indelivery on the Stocks page and now I have 2 units.

Have I done something wrong? Do I have the wrong settings somewhere? This can't be the way Prestashop is supposed to work, right?

Best regards

Hans

1.JPG

11.JPG

2.JPG

22.JPG

3.JPG

33.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

First all of them if you can order the product with "out of stock", it seems you allowed accepting order under "out of stock". Inside the product page you can see. In general settings there is a option: disable or hide out of stock combinations. If you use it, some combinations will be disabled.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, PrestaServicePro said:

Hello,

First all of them if you can order the product with "out of stock", it seems you allowed accepting order under "out of stock". Inside the product page you can see. In general settings there is a option: disable or hide out of stock combinations. If you use it, some combinations will be disabled. 

https://192168101.dev/ https://19216811.life/ https://100001.link/

Thank you.

Edited by posmans (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm sorry but I have to bump this question again. It's not solved by the upgrade to 1.7.6.5.

The strange thing is that some products works just fine.  When somebody orders more then we have on stock they get  0 Physical Stock, 1 Reserved and -1 Available stock.

But for some other products the result would be an increase of Physical stock, like this 1 Physical stock, 1 Reserved and 0 Available stock.

Does anyone have any idea on what might be the difference between these two? I can't find any settings that differs.

I'll keep writing follow up's here in hope that someone will read and might know something that could help.

It seems like the products that have advanced_stock_management = 1 in database tabel ps_product are the ones that give the wrong result.

Products with advanced_stock_management = 0 seems to be OK.

With Import/export I updated all the products to advanced_stock_management = 0, but it doesn't change the way these products act... so there has to be some more connection somehow?!?!?

Any ideas?

Best regards

Hans

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I also find the PrestaShop stock management hard to understand - and expected core functions like stock picking locations etc. are just missing. The structures in the database are counter-intuitive and inconsistent. I assume that there was no data-design, as I have searched high and low, and asked several times in diverse places. It looks more like a system that was generated from an object-model, and one that has evolved inconsistently over time. I assume this is why there has been no optimisation of the queries, and why they run so slowly. There is no a single owner / pump-king in charge of this part o the data-model - or at least no-one willing to admit to it :)  If you do ever find more information - please share! 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Let me first make clear that I am not using 1.7 myself, but I am investigating if I should upgrade to a newer version.
During my testing I ran into several order-out-of-stock related problems.

Some of the following cases might also apply to your situation:
1. When a payment is interrupted and the customer returns to the shop before doing the actual payment, the order is considered "Cancelled" which is correct. 
BUT. the amount that was ordered is added to the available stock, which is NOT correct if you allowed order-out-of-stock. 
Let's say you have 1 item in stock, but the customer ordered 2, then after the order is cancelled, your available stock will be 2 according to PS. 

2. When a payment is interrupted without the customer returning to the shop, then you get an order waiting for payment, but your stock is already adjusted (2 pieces ordered, 1 from stock + 1 from out-of-stock) and you will have -1 in stock according to PS.

So you might check if any of such cases apply to your situation.
Especially check what happens with your stock at what precise moment.