Installing Prestashop V1.7.6.1 HTTP 500 Error

Hi, I am attempting to install the latest version of Prestashop but the installation progresses well but then when I reach installing add on modules part it always fails I have been at this for a few days. As my  shop has been having problems so I had to re install.

I have attached a screen shot which may explain more my hosting provider ensures that all files have the correct permissions as that was an avenue we tried. 

Any tips be great as I said I have been racking my brain for days on this I would progress and ultimately fail again and again.

I then went V1.7.6.1 and that also has the same error

Thanks

Kunal

Screenshot from 2020-04-19 10-40-29.png

Edited by Kunal0 (see edit history)

Hi,

Have you yourself check the write permissions? - they do occassionally show as incorrect but when changed manually everything is fine.

If this is a new install with no data, you can double check by setting everything to full access - if the install works, at least you have an installed version and you can change  the rights to the correct settings (or inform your hoster of the problem - DON'T forget to change them back).

Also check the files you donwloaded to install - download again and make sure everything is as it should be (manual install, not a 1-click on a hoster).

Just to be clear - which starting page - Presta or the install?

if it's the install try setting .../install/index.php to 644

If the BO is ok after the install,  you can go to  Configure - Performance - and enable debug to see if it gives you more info.

What I want to do is basically get a fresh install done then change database over to my previous database  which had the store front messed up and then hopefully everything should be ok I can just transfer over the images from the backup and everything should be ok in theory.

just wanted to clear up what I am trying. 

Kunal

pointing at php / server / permission probs -

can you get error logs for your server?

If you downloaded the latest presta version, have php 7.2 and the server is configured for presta it should have installed fine after changing the permissions.

this may be a long alternative but pushed for time:

can you install a copy somewhere else (also just to see if it installs) - then configure that version and then just restore that version to the server?

I was looking back at your messages Im a little confused im not uploading any zip files im extracting it all into the public html file on my domain is that right as I don't want a /prestashop/ folder is that ok or is that the reason its having kittens. 

Kunal

The references to the files were:

1. for the main install - best to use the zip file directly from presta not from the hoster.

2. When doing an update - again download from presta - unzip and copy to prestaserver.   That means Presta won't have to go and download the latest version.

-------

You should be downloading the zip from presta  - to whereever you want presta to install - unzip the main zip file - that should give you 3 or 4 files.  The main files are still zipped at this stage. - But all that must have worked, because the install did start at some stage.

Make sure you delete everything you can - if possible restart sql server - so that a new install will really be a new install.

I don't know if 1.6 has the same options:

in 1.7 the 1 click update has an option:

Channel - Local directory.

It gives you instruactions to copy the files to the local directory (I think it's admin/autoupdate or something like that).

Great.  Glad things are back online.  😀

Make a backup first.

If the upgrade is from 1.6 to 1.7 maybe go through some of the threads in the forum, to see what problems others had.  It may help with the planning of the upgrade.

OK there is a slight issue when i click on a category on my main menu it doesn't load the url right it goes to the right page but it doesnt put a /after the doomain name.

hope that makes sense

for example domainname.co.ukches_sets instead of domainname.co.uk/ches_sets 

Kunal

Edited by Kunal0 (see edit history)