Setting the increment in which products can be bought

jkenigs

Hi guys, 

I'm really new to Prestashop and this is my first time posting on the forums. I have been reading a lot lately here but haven't been able to find a satisfactory answer to my need. 

In my shop, which I intend to release live soon I'll be selling wine. However, some wines only make commercial sense if sold at least in certain quantities, which usually match a full box. However, there's no easy way to set my products to either 6,12,etc. bottles, which would equate to 1,2, etc boxes. One obvious workaround is to just offer the product "box", but that's really not a good solution, since prices would be shown for the full box and makes it difficult for people to compare with other sites. I could use minimum purchase quantity, but then people could purchase amounts that are not full boxes and that would be an issue.

I found a solution that could work editing the product.tpl and product.js in Prestashop 1.6.X but this solution, but I'm currently running Prestashop 1.7.4

Does anyone know how I could do those changes in this version of Prestashop or of any module that would help me achieve what I'm looking for?

Thanks in advance for your support,

Javier

• 10 months later...

Hello,

I have a similar question. I would like to sell my products in pack of 6 or 30 but still show the unit price. To do this so far I have used the options method. But have to create an option of 1 piece and set that as standard in order to show the individual item price. But these items dont sell just 1 piece at a time as they are pre packaged. Then depending on the packaging it has another price.

I've seen many older posts on this but nothing for version 1.7.7

Many thanks for your help,

Wim

Hi Wim,

For what you are saying, it would seem that the best way to proceed would be to use the built in future of pack products rather than product options. 

That way, you would show a pack price in the products page. Once in there, you would see the unit price as well. 

Check this sample on my site to see if this might work for you:

https://vinologos.com/cervezas/10862-pack-hazy-jane-330ml-x-4.html

Best, 

Javi.

Thanks Javi,

Nice website and I like the products :) .

I llooked into the pack possibility as well but my customer does not want his customers to have the possibility to buy the product by single items. He also wants all the packs to appear in the same article. It's normal as it's B2B wholesale. They don't sell by 1 item. 
There must be a solution as most B2B wholesale have the same problem.

Thanks for your quick reply

Wim