URGENT!! Upgrading from PS1.6.0.14 to PS1.7.6.4 doesn't work

Hi I just upgraded PS1.6.0.14 from to PS1.7.6.4 by using manual update in the 1-Click Upgrade - AutoUpgrade yesterday. After finishing upgrade to PS1.7.6.4, I activated the store. However, my store is not able to be loaded. Can you help me out? This is super important for us to get our store online.

image.png.0bc178158ee0763bba9a89657b33bdf4.png

Also, some of the features such as Advanced Parameters -> Administration is not accessible. Some other pages shows 'Access denied'.

image.thumb.png.1a969ae2da2919d53f90e22ecaf84c7d.png

I've already contacted hostgator but they told me there is nothing wrong with the hosting server, they've asked me to contact Prestashop support to give them instructions on what to do on the hosting end.

I've also noticed that there are many pages within PS are not working, this has nothing to do with hosting. Can you log in to my account and help me out? I need to get the store online ASAP. Thanks!

I've communicated to Hostgator but they are not able to fix the problem. 

I am thinking to delete the store and start from scratch but how can I save time to transfer all the products information, product category, pages, and all the configurations to the new installation?

I did upgrade from 1.6.0.14 to 1.7.6.1 BUT NOT done with 1-click upgrade, and did upgrade to 1.7.6.3 & 1.7.6.4 afterward with 1-click upgrade

Any errors after you performed 1-click upgrade ?! I did numbers of 1-click upgrade, the process will tell you if any errors ?

Have you do the following actions after 1-click upgrade

1. /var/cache/
2. cache/smarty/compile
3. cache/smarty/cache
4. img/tmp

Have you try to install / run a standard PS 1.7.6.4 on the same host ?!

If ALL above does help, you better RESTORE your copy of 1.6 0.14 to resume production system first !

Test on Cloned  1.6.0.14  first ! There is some module  doing data migration, like I did in the first step, but I did it on my cloned production first, and make sure they did well before actually do on production system !

BTW, I try entering https://nodesus.com/ and this is what I see. Is it your production site ?! When I click on https://nodesus.com/store/ couple errors on database...

image.thumb.png.90de8e72c04de13c54b49cf903ca5802.png

Hope this helps !

Edited by dtwfung (see edit history)

Hi dtwfung,

Thank you for your comments, however there are so many issues with Prestashop admin and I am not able to restore back to PS1.6.0.14.

May I ask how did you upgrade from PS1.6.0.14 to PS1.7.6.1?

I didn't see any errors when I did the 1-click upgrade and I didn't do the 4 steps you mentioned. By the way, how to install / run a standard PS 1.7.6.4 on the same host?

5 hours ago, Nodesus said:

Hi dtwfung,

Thank you for your comments, however there are so many issues with Prestashop admin and I am not able to restore back to PS1.6.0.14.

May I ask how did you upgrade from PS1.6.0.14 to PS1.7.6.1?

I didn't see any errors when I did the 1-click upgrade and I didn't do the 4 steps you mentioned. By the way, how to install / run a standard PS 1.7.6.4 on the same host?

For restoration, just restore previous stable copy of file system and database. This is important at all time.

For 2and question, I use free version of migrator. Check.here 

For installation of additional copy, I have my production system on www.xxx.com/shop and testing version on www.xxx.com/testshop. You can have cloned system in another subfolder... Each have separated database and user.

Just let customer to access desired one.

Never trust any software upgrade, 1-click upgrade...

any webmaster can fix your permission issues, post in job section....

On 4/3/2020 at 3:52 AM, joseantgv said:

don't ignore great advice just because you don't understand how.