PrestaShop 1.4 and IIS - The page isn't redirecting properly

I just freshly installed Prestashop 1.4, and i can't access the frontoffice, although the backoffice is working fine.
When i want to access the frontoffice i get the following error message:

The page isn't redirecting properly
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete   
   *   This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

Prestashop Version: 1.4.0.17
Server information: Windows NT build 3790 i586
Server software Version: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
PHP Version: 5.2.6
MySQL Version: 5.0.45-community-nt
Store information
URL of your website: http://www.4dagent.ch/agents/
Theme name used: prestashop

I am thankful for every help :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have exactly the same problem - freshly installed 1.4 on IIS for the first time and the installation was successful but when I try to access the shop it says the same message:

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
cookies.

Back office appears to be working but when I try to save any changes it goes to 502 error Bad Gateway
Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.

Anybody knows how to resolve this issue?

EDIT: I have checked my back office and “Automatically redirect to Canonical url” was selected “Yes” by default. So I selected "No" and clicked SAVE - it went to Bad Gateway. When I later went to my shop's front office URL it suddenly appeared! And back office worked too, no longer going to Bad Gateway. I checked and “Automatically redirect to Canonical url” was selected as “No” even though it went to Bad Gateway when I tried to make the change it did actually save it.

Now I have explored Prestashop a bit more and tried to add products to catalog, I encountered some more issues:

1) Bad Gateway Error 502 every time I try to save settings in Back Office, although the changes are recorded in the database

2) When I try to add product it adds it 120 times!

Anybody knows why is this happening and how to resolve this?

Thanks

After chat with my hosting company both issues are now resolved.

Not sure what exactly they did their end but one of the things they suggested was to allow permissions for my site on TEMP folder (couldn't make any changes regarding cookies because I am on a shared server). Hope this helps anyone with the same issue.

• 3 years later...

I just freshly installed Prestashop 1.5.6.2, and i can't access the frontoffice, although the backoffice is working fine.
When i want to access the frontoffice i get the following error message:

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

Server information: Linux #1 SMP Mon Sep 29 18:16:21 CEST 2014 x86_64

Server software version: Apache Phusion_Passenger/4.0.10 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_fcgid/2.3.9

PHP version: 5.4.24

Memory limit: 512M

Database information

MySQL version: 5.1.61-rel13.2-log

MySQL engine: InnoDB

Tables prefix: ps_

Store information

PrestaShop version: 1.5.6.2

Shop URL: http://xoraonline.com/

please help me how to solve this error