Is it possible to add 10 million products to PS 1.7.6.4?

grsinternet

I have a client request to create an eshop with various manufacturers Car Parts.

The problem is that the quantity of all manufacturers of parts is 10 million. Is it possible?

But the good part is that product has only two parameters: Reference Id(OEM code for part), Price.

Basically CSV of 500k products is only 3mb size. Prestashop imports it in 100/1sec speed.

There will be no categories and no browsing - only one search field by Reference Id...

19 hours ago, joseantgv said:

The max value for id_product in table ps_product is 4294967295 (unsigned INT) so I guess it's possible.

thanks!

It would be also nice if someone would write who has few millions products to hear how prestashop Back-office and front-office handles this.

I think that PS will absolutelly broke with 4294967295 products... My guess regarding to PS architecture and system design

It's technically possible.
There are pages with more than 15 million products (info by pm if you need it). More than the installation of Prestashop you will have to take into account the server where it is hosted and its configuration (PHP environment variables, Apache, reverse proxy Nginx, etc)
And to upload the products it will be better to use scripts and database synchronizations than to do it from the import of products by csv

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2020 at 8:18 AM, ventura said:

It's technically possible.
There are pages with more than 15 million products (info by pm if you need it). More than the installation of Prestashop you will have to take into account the server where it is hosted and its configuration (PHP environment variables, Apache, reverse proxy Nginx, etc)
And to upload the products it will be better to use scripts and database synchronizations than to do it from the import of products by csv

15 million is impressive! Are there any special customizations to handle this amount of products? Maybe some PS core customizations?
Does powerful server is needed? Are you using MySQL for that? Thanks!

Edited by grsinternet (see edit history)

Nothing out of the ordinary, in the most economical
CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1245v5 - 4c/8t - 3.5GHz /3.9GHz. RAM: 64GB DDR4 2133MHz. Of course with SSD storage

In a typical LAMP installation, as optimised as possible in terms of environmental variables. Better MariaDB and I would recommend CentOS as OS

• Like 2