Is it possible to import customers with password from 1.7.1.1 to 1.7.6.4

Simon Lee

Hi,

I would like to know whether it is possible to import customers record with password from version 1.7.1.1 store to 1.7.6.4 store.

I want to upgrade my PrestaShop store from 1.7.1.1 to 1.7.6.4. I tried to use the 1-click-upgrade module but it failed. So I am left with no choice but established a new store of 1.7.6.4 and move everything over.

Everything works until I imported the customer record. I used a third party module (export customers) to export the customers from 1.7.1.1. I then used the import function in 1.7.6.4 to import the customer records. The import is fine but I cannot edit the customers information in the 1.7.6.4 backend.

I used the phpmyadmin to compare the records of a customer in 1.7.1.1 and 1.7.6.4. The passwd and the secure_key are different in the two versions. I think the import procedure has rehashed those fields. I tried to copy these two fields from 1.7.1.1 to 1.7.6.4 using phpmyadmin. Still doesn't work.

Is there a way to transfer over the customer records with password between my two servers? I have over 700 customers in my database. I don't want to inform them that they have to reset their password with email link. If there is a way, can you please give me the step-by-step to do it? Thank you very much.

Regards,
Simon

• 1 year later...
On 3/30/2020 at 3:21 PM, ndiaga said:

Hi,

The  customer  will have  to reset  their   password  because   the  cookie  varaiable that  the password used in the first  website will be different  from the one in  the new website.

Of   course  you can  write   a new   method  that  can  change  the old  cookie  value  to the new  one  but  you need  to how  the passord  hashing  works.

Hi,

Can you tell me to, how  the passord  hashing  works?

Please

2 hours ago, Crezzur said:

Its quicker and easier to go to

YOURSTORE\app\config\parameters.php

And copy the values from your old store to your new store.

Old prestashop 1.6  new 1.7  i have change the COOKIE_KEY_  but now this is not the problem.

in version 1.7 is much more complicated. In this case it is required to change the way of how correctness of password is checked in prestashop 1.7. This requires core code changes.  

This code i need

3 hours ago, Crezzur said:

Its quicker and easier to go to

YOURSTORE\app\config\parameters.php

And copy the values from your old store to your new store.

Old prestashop 1.6  new 1.7  i have change the COOKIE_KEY_  but now this is not the problem.

in version 1.7 is much more complicated. In this case it is required to change the way of how correctness of password is checked in prestashop 1.7. This requires core code changes.  

This code i need