[FIXED] Customer reassurance module broken 1.7.6.4 (deleted all previous customizations)

prestol

I've updated from 1.7.6.2 to 6.4 and no changes to the reassurance module  (v. 4.1.1) - the svgs etc are all still there.

Did everything go according to plan during the update?

Have you got a backup of the 6.2 you can restore?

• 4 weeks later...

I can confirm that the last upgrade from 1.7.6.4 to 1.7.6.5 broke the reassurance module.
Workaround was to download the following file via git:

blockreassurance/blockreassurance.php
blockreassurance/config.xml
blockreassurance/index.php

Problem is now that when I try to configure the module, to make any changes to the shown text, there is no such option anywhere.

It's incredible frustrating how painful the upgrade process for PrestaShop. It's not normal to release such untested software to be honest ..

I understand that it's free, however maybe PrestaShop should charge a fee for the software and just deliver quality instead of this mess.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Tried this...

On 4/3/2020 at 11:44 AM, prestol said:

Fix:

git clone https://github.com/PrestaShop/blockreassurance/releases

zip the contents 

install the module again, all the settings seems to have been saved in the directory/database.

Problem solved!

... but the code in repository is broken, so i got a fatal error in Prestashop 1.7.6.5.
Hopefully i always do a backup before updating. My "old" blockreassurance module is the same version (4.1.1) but it is different than the one in repository. I did a comparation between folders and the repository it is missing a lot of files.

I share my version that is completed. Replace the folder in your server with this one, and all your settings will be back again.

blockreassurance.zip

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/25/2020 at 5:26 PM, zod said:

Tried this...

... but the code in repository is broken, so i got a fatal error in Prestashop 1.7.6.5.
Hopefully i always do a backup before updating. My "old" blockreassurance module is the same version (4.1.1) but it is different than the one in repository. I did a comparation between folders and the repository it is missing a lot of files.

I share my version that is completed. Replace the folder in your server with this one, and all your settings will be back again.

blockreassurance.zip 1004.37 kB · 39 downloads

perfect, this download works for me!! Thank you!!

• 2 months later...
On 5/25/2020 at 4:26 PM, zod said:

Tried this...

blockreassurance.zip 1004.37 kB · 74 downloads

Thank you! this has fixed it for me too. But why is this happening? I didn't update the module, I signed into my Prestashop today to find it had completely reset.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just updated to 1.7.7 and it looked like there was something wrong with the blockreassurance module so I threw it away from the ftp. From modules and also from the classic theme. But now it wont reinstall?? While other modules will.. What could be wrong?

11 hours ago, beekhouse said:

I have just updated to 1.7.7 and it looked like there was something wrong with the blockreassurance module so I threw it away from the ftp. From modules and also from the classic theme. But now it wont reinstall?? While other modules will.. What could be wrong?

You shall not remove modules by FTP, never, because they are registered as installed and active in database. For this reason you have problems. Remove modules only by Prestashop Admin.

I suggested to fix the bug modifying the culprit file, that easy fix should work. Previously, I suggested to replace the module with old version (download provided), and that works too, but a replace is different than deletetion, the module is running but with updated files. Now try to restore the folder in your Prestashop.

Edited by zod (see edit history)

9 minutes ago, zod said:

You shall not remove modules by FTP, never, because they are registered as installed and active in database. For this reason you have problems. Remove modules only by Prestashop Admin.

I suggested to fix the bug modifying the culprit file, that easy fix should work. Previously, I suggested to replace the module with old version (download provided), and that works too, but a replace is different than deletetion, the module is running but with updated files. Now try to restore the folder in your Prestashop.

Ahh my bad, I did fix it though by deleting 2 tables referring to the module and then I was able to install it from the module marketplace. All seem to work now. Or is it  possible I will ran into other issues by the way I did it?

9 minutes ago, beekhouse said:

Ahh my bad, I did fix it though by deleting 2 tables referring to the module and then I was able to install it from the module marketplace. All seem to work now. Or is it  possible I will ran into other issues by the way I did it?

No, that way I think you fixed.

• 5 months later...