Installing a module Help!

I’ll first start with hello and secondly....  I am not a techy at all, anything too in-depth I’ll struggle with.

so I’ve bought a module from prestashop - maintenancepro. With all the Covid-19 going on I wanted to take my shop offline but ad a personal maintenance message.

I've inserted the file into modules on my cPanel, logged on to the shop back office. Hit refresh, searches for not installed files and nothing is there. 

do you guys have any suggestions?

regards 

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Every module usually have some detail documentation  and should have install steps.

For most modules it is straight forward process as you need to upload module into aback office.

Here is general guide  http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS17/Modules+Selection#ModulesSelection-Installingorpurchasingamodule

In rare cases and that is mostly emphasized in some way you need to unzip module archive and it may contain documentation or PSD files 

along with real module zip file you will have to upload in back office.

You can install module manually with cPanel by unzipping archive to right folder. That is also in link posted. 

Another thing is to ask developers they usually can help with installation if there is some extra steps.

On 3/26/2020 at 10:46 AM, razaro said:

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Every module usually have some detail documentation  and should have install steps.

For most modules it is straight forward process as you need to upload module into aback office.

Here is general guide  http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS17/Modules+Selection#ModulesSelection-Installingorpurchasingamodule

In rare cases and that is mostly emphasized in some way you need to unzip module archive and it may contain documentation or PSD files 

along with real module zip file you will have to upload in back office.

You can install module manually with cPanel by unzipping archive to right folder. That is also in link posted. 

Another thing is to ask developers they usually can help with installation if there is some extra steps.

Thank you very much for your reply buddy. So the attached is what I'm working with.

Screenshot 2020-03-27 at 23.18.01.png

OK so that on image is content of folder, which should be called "maintenancepro".

If you go up (back) from current screen you should see that folder.  Now you can compress 

that folder to .zip file and upload as module into back office. Or alternative to copy that folder "maintenancepro"

into your modules folder so path from root looks modules /maintenancepro.

1 hour ago, razaro said:

OK so that on image is content of folder, which should be called "maintenancepro".

If you go up (back) from current screen you should see that folder.  Now you can compress 

that folder to .zip file and upload as module into back office. Or alternative to copy that folder "maintenancepro"

into your modules folder so path from root looks modules /maintenancepro.

Thank you buddy, so that has worked. Installed the module. It appeared in the list and I was able to access it.

Uploaded a picture to replace the standard maintenance page. nothing changed and the module is no longer in the modules list.

Well that is strange. If it was installed it should be in list when you go to Module manager.

Try search option, sometimes PrestaShop hide some modules in the list but usually not 3rd party ones.

First for maintenance mode in general, check if your IP is in list of IPs that can access store. 

Could be you do see regular pages because of that. Or maybe some browser cookie thing so also try

to open store in new incognito/private browser window.