Free carrier when a certain weight is reached

Hi everyone, 

I'm looking for an expert advise to edit my cart rules. Client's site is based on the clothes weight. So he would like to offer a free carrier when the total cart weight reach a minimum amount. All the product tpl file have been modified to display the weight and there is a total in the checkout process.

However none of the cart rules or modifications in PS back office gives me the option set this kind of discount.

Does anybody know how to get this? I'm using warehouse theme on presta 1.7

Best regards

I'm playing a guess game here, but try this:

In the carrier settings, turn this option to disable carrier: 

image.png.1460005ece41dccafd5c411b236ea88a.png

This way, any order above the max weight set won't be able to use that carrier.

Then create a new carrier, set the weight rules starting from the max-weight allowed in the original carrier and set shipping cost to 0. Imagine they want to set the maximum paid shipping weight at 50Kg.

image.png.ae805b15fabe428321533ccb2f364e36.png

Let me know if it worked as intended.

Edited by Luis C (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/24/2020 at 10:30 AM, Kimodo said:

So he would like to offer a free carrier when the total cart weight reach a minimum amount. All the product tpl file have been modified to display the weight and there is a total in the checkout process.

However none of the cart rules or modifications in PS back office gives me the option set this kind of discount.

The 'Ship in 3D' -module lets you set minimum and maximum weight limit for a shipping method. In the attached screenshot the shipping method is only available if the shipment weight is between 5 and 500 kg. You can also set allowed countries, states and postal codes, so you can limit the free shipping to particular destinations. The module also offers many other additional shipping configuration settings not available otherwise.

For more info please see: https://addons.prestashop.com/en/shipping-carriers/48685-ship-in-3d.html

Screenshot_20200420_124802.thumb.png.6a55bf71578a087b38d56c227c103ab1.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/25/2020 at 11:43 AM, Luis C said:

I'm playing a guess game here, but try this:

In the carrier settings, turn this option to disable carrier: 

image.png.1460005ece41dccafd5c411b236ea88a.png

This way, any order above the max weight set won't be able to use that carrier.

Then create a new carrier, set the weight rules starting from the max-weight allowed in the original carrier and set shipping cost to 0. Imagine they want to set the maximum paid shipping weight at 50Kg.

image.png.ae805b15fabe428321533ccb2f364e36.png

Let me know if it worked as intended.

Thats my configuration right know. However is not properly working. I have set the range between 0 and 1 kg. However when I get 1.1kg (it is supposed that the payment carrier shouldn't apply) the free carrier doesn't appear. It is weird because seems to be exactly the part of the store where my goal can be achieved... Will keep playing with this configuration and see... Thanks a lot for your response

On 5/14/2020 at 7:45 PM, Kimodo said:

Thats my configuration right know. However is not properly working. I have set the range between 0 and 1 kg. However when I get 1.1kg (it is supposed that the payment carrier shouldn't apply) the free carrier doesn't appear. It is weird because seems to be exactly the part of the store where my goal can be achieved... Will keep playing with this configuration and see... Thanks a lot for your response

Have you checked if the client group you're using is enabled in your free carrier's settings?