Pablus

Meta description

Hi, I need to compleate the meta description of each products,  but my catalog is too long. What I have already filled is the description of each products, can anyone tell me a function or solution on my DB to copy automatically this information from one field to the other?

2 hours ago, Pablus said:

Hi, I need to compleate the meta description of each products,  but my catalog is too long. What I have already filled is the description of each products, can anyone tell me a function or solution on my DB to copy automatically this information from one field to the other?

Hi,

You can  use   a module  to  fill  the  meta  description  automatically   from  the  product  description.

• Like 1

You can run the following query in the DB. Kindly take the backup of the DB before executing the same.

UPDATE ps_product_lang SET meta_description = description (Ensure your db prefix is ps_ OR change the query accordingly)

5 hours ago, Knowband Plugins said:

You can run the following query in the DB. Kindly take the backup of the DB before executing the same.

UPDATE ps_product_lang SET meta_description = description (Ensure your db prefix is ps_ OR change the query accordingly)

Great, thanks for the query!

you can also use third-party tool to add meta details in bulk, like Store Manager trial with its import functionality (simply export columns with identificator, description and meta data you want to add).