Supervisor Approval module

tjjunior

Hi all,

Looking for any input/suggestions on how to accomplish something. We'll eventually do primarily business-to-business transactions, so I'm building a module that allows an employee to purchase items and select "supervisor approval" for payment. Once they hit submit, they get email confirmation of their order saying it is pending until it's approved, and the supervisor then gets an email saying there's an order needing their approval. That part's mostly built and working fine, I roughly based it on the Cheque payment module so far.

Obviously I'll have a custom database table to store the approval info (datetime, IP address, supervisor_id, etc), but I'm looking for ideas on how to implement the approval process. When the supervisor clicks on the link, where should it take them? I'm currently thinking use the regular store login (secure, they can reset their password, etc) and have a table that checks their permissions. If they are listed as a supervisor, they are permitted to approve stuff.

My big question is, should that be a whole separate page, a module, or both? Create a new controller or class? Anyone know of something similar that already exists that I could look at and model it after? I can manage the SQL and php code but just not sure how to implement that into the prestashop platform.

Thanks!

• 2 years later...