PHP Fatal error: Out of memory - 1.7.5

amorxoigel

Hi guys!

Since some days my prestashop is trying to allocate more resources than my server can hold.
From everything smooth without i did some change it started to crash and give me 500error.
From error_log file i can see several erros like:

PHP Fatal error:  Out of memory (allocated 6291456) (tried to allocate 65536 bytes) in /home/****/public_html/classes/PrestaShopAutoload.php on line 140

PHP Fatal error:  Out of memory (allocated 16777216) (tried to allocate 65536 bytes) in /home/****/public_html/classes/module/Module.php on line 1124

PHP Fatal error:  Out of memory (allocated 4194304) (tried to allocate 4096 bytes) in /home/****/public_html/vendor/composer/autoload_static.php on line 453

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Exception: Invalid SortOrder direction `desc/`. Expecting one of: `ASC`, `DESC`, or `RANDOM`. in /home/****/public_html/src/Core/Product/Search/SortOrder.php:120

Those are only few of them.
As you can see they come all from core-prestashop so i really dont know how to figure it out what the problem is. Any ideas?

49 minutes ago, amorxoigel said:

Hi guys!

Since some days my prestashop is trying to allocate more resources than my server can hold.
From everything smooth without i did some change it started to crash and give me 500error.
From error_log file i can see several erros like:

PHP Fatal error:  Out of memory (allocated 6291456) (tried to allocate 65536 bytes) in /home/****/public_html/classes/PrestaShopAutoload.php on line 140

PHP Fatal error:  Out of memory (allocated 16777216) (tried to allocate 65536 bytes) in /home/****/public_html/classes/module/Module.php on line 1124

PHP Fatal error:  Out of memory (allocated 4194304) (tried to allocate 4096 bytes) in /home/****/public_html/vendor/composer/autoload_static.php on line 453

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Exception: Invalid SortOrder direction `desc/`. Expecting one of: `ASC`, `DESC`, or `RANDOM`. in /home/****/public_html/src/Core/Product/Search/SortOrder.php:120

Those are only few of them.
As you can see they come all from core-prestashop so i really dont know how to figure it out what the problem is. Any ideas?

Hi @amorxoigel,

Its means is that, your hosting/server ram memory - sources is not enough. Probably you use shared hosting. (Maybe in last days, your store has a lot of organic or paid visitors.) If it is shared, you need to contact with your hosting provider. (They can increase your hosting source-limit.)

If you have satisfying customer/incoming, the best solution will be having your own (virtual) server or at least, you need to have best hosting package.

Good works!

2 hours ago, SahinSOLMAZ said:

Hi @amorxoigel,

Its means is that, your hosting/server ram memory - sources is not enough. Probably you use shared hosting. (Maybe in last days, your store has a lot of organic or paid visitors.) If it is shared, you need to contact with your hosting provider. (They can increase your hosting source-limit.)

If you have satisfying customer/incoming, the best solution will be having your own (virtual) server or at least, you need to have best hosting package.

Good works!

Hi @SahinSOLMAZ,
thank you for your fast reply...

Yes my hosting is shared..
I contacted them and they're saying that it should be some modules that become "crazy"...but for what i see it's hard to think they've reason since the error_log always tell about some core request from prestashop and never from some particular module.
Do you think it could be right what they're telling to me?
or they're just trying to avoid their prob :)
Thank you aniway!

1 hour ago, amorxoigel said:

Hi @SahinSOLMAZ,
thank you for your fast reply...

Yes my hosting is shared..
I contacted them and they're saying that it should be some modules that become "crazy"...but for what i see it's hard to think they've reason since the error_log always tell about some core request from prestashop and never from some particular module.
Do you think it could be right what they're telling to me?
or they're just trying to avoid their prob :)
Thank you aniway!

Hi @amorxoigel,

If you did not change anything, they will be right. But if you did some backend changing on your core PS or modules etc., they can be right. Why, how?

Your changing could be wrong, or need to have more resource, then, they are correct. If you contiune on shared hosting, You can solve the problem with your provider by getting helping from them.

(Usually there are a lot servers that are not configured as well for PS. Maybe your site works on one of them.)

BTW,  this issue happens (sometimes) because of bad coded, private modules.

• 3 months later...

Hello Guys

I have the same error

php.CRITICAL: Fatal Error: Out of memory (allocated 599801856) (tried to allocate 135168 bytes) at /x/xxxx/public_html/store/controllers/admin/AdminAttributeGeneratorController.php:86)"} []   

Line 86 isnrelated to "createCombinations" function...

This error I get it when I'm trying to add around 84 combinations to a one product.

Anyone knows a solution?

On my shared server I configured PHP memory_limit to -1