How to keep original product description when selling in other marketplaces

flormolla

Hi community, 

I need your help.

As you might know, from an SEO perspective, it is better to keep the best content on your site (specially for product pages), but we are also selling on different marketplaces so we are facing the problem of sharing our exclusive content with other websites that have more domain authority and page rank - which is not ideal as they will rank better than us. So we are also competing with ourselves. 

There are two field that we are currently optimising: short description & long description.

I was thinking on a posible solution: sharing only the short description with the external marketplaces and keep the long one just for us. 

Do you think this is a good idea? This will affect our rankings on the marketplaces?

Anyone out there having the same issue? or someone with any idea to fix this?

Thanks! :)

On 2/26/2020 at 6:02 PM, flormolla said:

Hi community, 

I need your help.

As you might know, from an SEO perspective, it is better to keep the best content on your site (specially for product pages), but we are also selling on different marketplaces so we are facing the problem of sharing our exclusive content with other websites that have more domain authority and page rank - which is not ideal as they will rank better than us. So we are also competing with ourselves. 

There are two field that we are currently optimising: short description & long description.

I was thinking on a posible solution: sharing only the short description with the external marketplaces and keep the long one just for us. 

Do you think this is a good idea? This will affect our rankings on the marketplaces?

Anyone out there having the same issue? or someone with any idea to fix this?

Thanks! :)

Hello mate,

I agree with you its a right way to have short description for products on marketplaces and long one for your own website as if users land on your product page they will get whole information about the products.   

Thanks!!!                               

• 1 month later...